Sign in to follow this  

Terraflex report

I put on a terraflex type 1 This is not the big granddaddy tire, but the other one that looks like a dunlop on steriods. I have 5 races on the tire, it is worn out. The knobs are still plenty tall, but they are REALLY rounded off. Some chunking, but not as bad as my buddys IRC tire. I am thinking of a MAXXIS IT anybody recommend them?

Maxxis It Work Very Well. Mine Have About 12 Rides-off Road- On Them And They Are Just Begining To Round. They Also Hold The Trail

Very Well. I Feel More Confident With Them Compared To The Dunlops.

The knobs are still plenty tall, but they are REALLY rounded off.

Have you turned it around? The T-flex series are designed to be ran both dir... 5 races is a bunch of wear on just one tire...what type of terrain were you in? The type one is designed to be lighter weight and low bounce rubber especially for moto-X, so you may be riding it out of its design area... 🙂 Andrew

It is rounded really bad both ways. I am riding woods (hare scrambles)with it. Comination of terrain, hard pack, sand, roots, mud, not many rocks here in illinios. I just thought it would last longer than my old dunlop.

Other than the wear, how did it perform traction wise? I have not tried the type 1 yet... you really need to get a type 2 if you are hare scrambling...you will be amazed at how much easier it is to ride scrambles with your rear gripping instead of hunting for traction... 🙂 Andrew

Traction wise it performed good. But I dont think it was worth the extra money (92.00) shipped. It is still worn out like a 60.00 tire. The knobs are still very tall, but they are too rounded to be much good. I think i am gonna try pirelli m32s this time, front and rear.

.FYI- T-Flex can be bought for $57 now at MandHtires.com ... this should solve your problem...superior traction at a price equal to the lesser tires! :applause: Andrew

What about recutting the knobs to sharpen up the bite?
The designer (Tom at Mand H race master) did say he designed the T-flex's to be recut...he said especially the type 2 actually seemed to get better traction after he recut the lugs when they started to wear... food for thought and the wallet... :applause: Andrew