TTR225 Stator

Well, I have an 03 TTR225. The stator went out 2 times already. The stock one. My dad wants to get an aftermarket one. I was wonderin if anyone knows where I can find one. I had no luck on rocky mountain or dennis kirk. =[

hey i dont know whats causing this but did you notice if there is some kind of plug in the bottom of the case ? i have oil coming out of a hole and it filled the stator /crank case. and this shorted out my charging system. if your case is open could you look in for me and get back?

• 4 months later...

The stator is the correct name for the bit that stays still while the magnet(fly wheel) spins around it. Get it? stator=stationary.........moving right along. The magnets in the flywheel and the stator windings together make the alternator, the out put from this will be alternating current hence the name "alterator" If your one is dieing something else in the electrical system is killing it, go find it before trashing another stator. rewinds are a good idea as they are often cheaper and more robust than the factory ones. Thumper Talk runs and after market .....market(eshop thingy) go hunt on there. Some oil around the windings will do no harm as oil is an insulator. unless that whole your talking about is the neutral gear indicator switch that has been mashed off and is causing a short circuit that is overloadind your stator and killing it.

Good luck So end basic electrics 101

• 2 weeks later...

After replacing the spark plug, battery, coil, CDI box, and Coil Pulser and it still not starting, I put in a brand new stator and it fired right up and is now running fine. What caused the stator to die? no clue. Yamaha doesn't know either. Made in Brazil to me is now like Made in Taiwan.