Sign in to follow this  

TT600R Wheelies?

Does anyone know what is the highest gear this bike will power wheely?

Not using the clutch, the reason I need to know is that I suspect my one is running a bit flat as it only seems to work in 1st.

Answers welcome :)

Does it have 15/44 gearing? Mine's the same, although my mate was chasing me up to Box Hill the other Sunday at 95mph on his ZRX1100 and it still had a bit more to go if I'd laid behind the Renthal bar pad! I'll let you know what it's like with 15/50 gearing when the new chain arrives.

Mike

Yes, it's got a 15/44 sprocket, keep me posted on how you get on with the new one, It would be good to see what difference it makes to the bike.

Cheers Mike

I have fitted a 50t rear sprocket (15t/50t) and it comes up quite happily in second now without dipping the clutch. That is with a 130/80 bridgestone road tyre. It also feels better on the road, less clanking about from the chain area and doesn't seem overgeared like it used to. I went up the Ace Cafe last Friday with our weeny 9 year old kid on the back and it pulled like a train with both of us, and I'm 17.5 stone. I have also just fitted some Pirelli Enduro tyres, but not as yet ridden it, I think the rolling diameter is bigger so it may need a 14t front for off road use. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nice one, glad to hear it's made an improvement.

Your right about the chain clanking, also mine seems hard work to ride in traffic.

Mine is a TT600R Belgarda 2000 model (Italian import)

Where did you order your chain and sprocket from?

I'm looking to get as much low end power to get the front wheel up in at least 3rd with the throttle, so if you have any other tweaks that may be useful, I would be grateful. I've heard dissconnecting the ignition retarder under the seat would increase about 5 hp, but hasn't been proven.

Keep me posted.

Cheers

I rode the bike with the Enduro tyres and the handling was extremely nervous and it didn't want to turn into corners, felt like it had a flat front tyre. :lol: The grip from the rear in the dirt was awesome, it just took off. :applause: A closer inspection revealed I did have a puncture in the front tyre and I'd been up to 80 on it! :lol: The sidewalls are so stiff you can't easily tell, and as I hadn't ridden it straight after fitting the tyres, I didn't expect a puncture, turned out the valve had pulled out of the tube. :banghead::lol: