Sign in to follow this  

best settings

i have a 03 WR250F...my suspension seems like its set up absolutely horribly, i might get both ends reworked but want ta get em set up as best they can stock. anyone have some base settings i could work off of. im 5'9" 150lbs and need it set up for motocross. thanks

I'd personally start with the factory settings and go from there. You're about the right weight for that bike, but WR suspension is not set up for motocross, it's set up with softer valving for woods riding. You'd be a lot better off getting revalved.

i wanna get it the best it is stock first, before i through $300+ into suspension work....i tried looking for the base settings in the manual, but couldn't find em

i wanna get it the best it is stock first, before i through $300+ into suspension work....i tried looking for the base settings in the manual, but couldn't find em

The settings are under the maintenance/adjustment chapter in the first part of the manual. I would start with the stock settings but go a bit firmer for MX, especially since it's a WR. If you cant find them start with about 11 out on the compression and 9 out on rebound and go from there.