Sign in to follow this  

05 TE-510 Valve clearance check 85 hours - Perfect!

I have checked my Valve clearances three times now in 5 months of onwership about 1500 miles on the bike. I checked the valves at 12, 45 and now at 85 hours of operation. NO CHANGE! Valve clearances are in spec and have not moved. :D🙂

Specified Intake clearance range = .004-.006 in,

actual intakes measured at .005" both R & L

Spec exhaust range = .006-.008,

exhaust measured at .006 R and .007 L

those valve clearnaces have not moved. Husqvarna valves are industrial quality - proven! 🙂:D:D

I am a C rider and ride woods mostly 0-1/2 throttle with occasional 3/4 throttle pulls.

I did find that I had tightened one of my top cover bolts too tight and stripped out some threads. Good thing the female thread is on a part that is a replaceable bracket on top the cam. Don't tighten down those valve top cover bolts too tight!

Your TE will outlast my SM. I've 40+ hours on my bike, five valve adjustments with four of those checks requiring reshimming the valves and one exhaust valve has needed to be reshimmed again.

My bike spends most of its life at 5,000 rpm and above.

ah the truth be told. I am slow, not my husky 🙂

My valves are holding up very very well also. There wasnt any movement until the 70th hour at the end of the Baja 500. Then the exhasut valves both moved about .0005.....they are still in spec--but i reshimmed to go as loose as possible.

Thursday-Sunday is the Nevada 1000....so we will see what she can do.

The 2005 TE510 valves are proving themselves very very capable.

That re-shim was incredibly easy.

🙂

I have about 20 hours on my SM450R and had to reshim one valve on the exhaust side. It was alittle tight, other than that they were in spec. I am going to check them after my next ride, I hope I get similar results.