Sign in to follow this  

Carbon fiber skid plates

Does anyone use a full one that covers the underside and replaces the water-pump and oil filter covers as well? Ever since I bought one it seems to amplify the engine sounds ride up at me. I just had the top end re-done so I do not thing the engine is going to crap-the-bed but it does sound odd with the carbon fiber skid plate on it. Anyone else experience this odd sound from their carbon fiber skid plate? 🙂

04CRF450R (me)

03CRF150F (wife)

CRF50F (kids)

Yup, It reflects the sound of the engine. You will get use to it. I only noticed the first couple rides.

Yup, It reflects the sound of the engine. You will get use to it. I only noticed the first couple rides.

OK, it is a little scary sounding sometimes especially when you have the throttle pinned. Thanks 🙂

I never noticed it but then again im normally to busy singing the same song over and over again in my head.

Does anyone have a carbon fiber on an 05 450X? I'm looking for one and haven't found it yet, need So Cal Desert protection.

E-line 150.00ish, good coverage, has a layer of kevlar

I have one

Easy install

Solid

Does anyone have a carbon fiber on an 05 450X? I'm looking for one and haven't found it yet, need So Cal Desert protection.

I have the e-line too. I also bought the e-line pipe guard. Happy so far. 🙂