Sign in to follow this  

Christmas Valley

In the dune areas of Christmas Valley Ore. are flags required on bikes & quads?

Thanks!

🙂

I have road there several times with no flag! But that is the only place that the police in that county have to watch. I haven't been bothered there like the coast!

They have cracked down on flags on everything, there is a Forest service person there most of the time now on a quad that keeps a close eye out. Also make sure you have a current Offroad sticker if you go. We are going out there this weekend I think. It is a very fun place to ride as long as you are carefull....

Not what I wanted to hear but thank you! 🙂

I'll be out there Saturday with a bunch of rented quads. I'll be on a 400EXC with MXC fuel tank. You can't miss it. That's a whole lot of orange! Say hi if you see me.

Thanks,

Steve 🙂

Hey sorry Nathan. Hope you had a good ride. We ended up going to Edison Snow Park because it was much closer. I had a paddle on my bike & was set to go! Had to switch to a knobbie. Pretty good riding at Edison. Soft & rocky & twisty makes it interesting. Mostly 2nd gear, I thought it was going to be more like Millican but was actually twistier than Tillamook State Forest. IT rained for about a solid hour & then the conditions were perfect! No dust! So we road till about 7:30 PM. 🙂 I really like the black cinder (if that's what you call it) roads once they were wet. Really stable feeling. Went the fastest I've been on my bike so far, 81 MPH. Not for long though. :eek:

I'd still like to hit Christmas Valley some time. Maybe this fall. I'll post here if I do to see if any TT'rs can hook up.

:applause:

hey to toast let me know if you hit x-mas valley I would like to go never been there. but heard good things I live in Prineville I think it would be sweet. :applause: