Sign in to follow this  

Need help with pit bike jetting!

I have a 125cc four stroke pit bike (Sikk) and I am at about 1500 feet with 110 degree temps. I am going up to the mountains at around 7k feet. I can't find any dealer that carries that small of jets so I am unable to re-jet it to a leaner jet. The jets are the same as the mikuni carb jets and the MJ is a size 96. Do you think the bike will run alright at that altitude and also can it damage it, being so rich? Plz help fast! Thanks guys!

🙂

It should still run okay. It's not going to be as snappy as it is normally, but it'll run. It isn't going to damage anything other than the fact that it may foul the plug and be a bitch to start.

You can order the jets. When I get home I will post where I just ordered from yesterday. I have a Thumpstar 120 with a Mikuni carb. I am trying to richen my bike, so I went to 3 dealers and no one had the pilot or main jets. My pilot is a 15, I ordered a 17.5. My main is a 97.5. I ordered a 99.

Thanks for the replies. I figured I might have to order them. That would be great if you could post a link where to order from. Weird thing is that my pilot jet shows that it's a size 36. Seems a lot bigger that your pj. Almost doesn't seem right.

I ordered from www.naturecoastmotorsports.com

Click on catologs, then western power sports atv, then carbs and parts, then jets.

My Mikuni is a RS HS type, the pilot jet is a VM28/486 type

The main is "large main round jet"

They are $3 each with $9 shipping

Both sizes are stamped on the jets 15 and 97.5 so I don't know about the difference in my carb and yours. Maybe you have a different kind or style. Hope this helps you out.