Sign in to follow this  

Bike only ridden 3 times......

Your supose to adjust the chain. If not adjusted correctly, it could snap and cause serious damage.

please, its been ridden way more than that (note chain leanth)

79934016_1.jpg

Hard to tell, assuming thats the stock chain, it would stretch rolling the bike around the driveway. I bought a 426 with about 8 hours, and the frame paint was worn off as well, I know thats alot more time than they are claiming, but it doesnt take much rubbing to remove the paint from that area.

Are you seriously looking at buying it? Get a close up look, the detail in the picture just makes it too hard to tell.

Look at the condition of the rims, frame, skid plates, seat, forks, brake pads, tires, etc.... you will get a good feel if it's been ridden hard! Good luck! How much? Where?

Hard to tell, assuming thats the stock chain, it would stretch rolling the bike around the driveway. I bought a 426 with about 8 hours, and the frame paint was worn off as well, I know thats alot more time than they are claiming, but it doesnt take much rubbing to remove the paint from that area.

Are you seriously looking at buying it? Get a close up look, the detail in the picture just makes it too hard to tell.

3 rides is less then 8 hours? I would say three of my rides(there a little different then most people like) are about 10 hours.

Its amazing that people like this really think we are that stupid. It is clearly worn down. He will have to find someone that has never owned a bike before to believe that one.

That bike has BEEN AROUND!!!!! My chain popped on me and slashed my engine case punching a small hole in it, and cost me lots of money.

On any 8 hour period of me practicing and testing at the track I usually log in around 5 1/2 hours per day. Aside from that , that bike is a 426 how can it only have 3 rides?

ridden three times yet hes still had the time to put tag bars on it. look at the side plates scratched to **** dus he think people wer born yesterday

Only 3 hours is pretty low for that bike. Although I will admit I had to replace my chain after two rides. The way you can judge how much that bike has been ridden is to look at the airbox...either they bought a new one or the bike just hasn't been ridden that much.

I suppose it's possible that he only road it 3 times but it has for sure been thrown on the ground more than once. AND if he wasn't motivated enough to detail it before listing it forsale, that says a lot about how he took care of the bike. 🙂

We may just be looking at a bike owned by a person that buys OEM replacement parts and direct replacement tires. 🙂

Either way it is a nice looking bike, albeit grossly unmaintained. The chain being so far out of adjustment makes me wonder about the regularity of oil changes, valve checks, etc..

How much does he want for it?

If he's lying about how many times it's been ridden (and he obviously is) then he's not a trustworthy person to buy from. There's no telling what the history with that bike is.

My 450 looked about like that after 3 rides. The paint on the frame disappeared first day. With more rides on it the paint on the frame in front of the pegs starts to chip from debris coming from the front tire. I replaced my chain after the first ride because I had to adjust it so much I was scared to ride it. Dump it once each ride the side plates will be scratched up just like that. If it has only been ridden 3 times/12 hours, previous maintaince isn't an issue.

You won't find another 426 that clean.