HELP !!!! HELP !!! I AM &^%^*

04 crf 250 I did the stupidist thing in my life !! I went to adjust my valves and droppped the keeper in the motor ??:D .

I got a magnet and tried to get it out . what do i do . i am going to turn my bike upside down and shake it .

honestly can i get it out ??

i dont know, you should take it to ur local dealer but first try to turn in upside down and shake it but make sure u take out most of the fluids but if that doesnt work take it to ur dealer it is better for them to doit than u and mess sumthing up no efence k well have fun and let us know hoe it turns out later bro

i dont know, you should take it to ur local dealer but first try to turn in upside down and shake it but make sure u take out most of the fluids but if that doesnt work take it to ur dealer it is better for them to doit than u and mess sumthing up no efence k well have fun and let us know hoe it turns out later bro

You're new here ain't ya???? ?

04 crf 250 I did the stupidist thing in my life !! I went to adjust my valves and droppped the keeper in the motor ?:D:D .

I got a magnet and tried to get it out . what do i do . i am going to turn my bike upside down and shake it .

honestly can i get it out ??

Where did it fall? Is it in sight? If you can see it try to spray contact cleaner with the little tube on the nozzle, sometimes the oil makes it stick to the motor and the contact cleaner will break the suction and blast it into sight, then use a magnet. Why were you taking the keepers out to do a valve adjustment? Do you mean a shim?

If it fell down beside the chain, just take off the ignition side cover and it should be right there. Let us know how you make out. ?

Keeper? How did a valve keeper come loose when simply adjusting/shimming the valves? Do you mean a shim? Regardless, if you dropped something into the crankcase, I think you have an unplanned tear-down coming on. I wouldn't expect too much shaking the bike upside down. Good luck.

I think he took a wrong turn at the chat room.

I don't mind some of the web jargon going around, but kids that murder simple grammar either due to ignorance or laziness confound and amaze me...there just is no excuse for the crap he posted in that manner...if I ever catch my kid being that way...there is gonna be some trouble, for him hehe ?

The keeper has fallen down into the cam chain area. Just remove the left side case, and it will expose the bottom area of the cam chain, where the drive gear is, etc. You can then easily retreive your keeper, takes about 5 minutes. No need to turn the bike upside down at all.

You could go to Sears and buy an extendable magnet. It looks like a pen, but there is a magnet on the end and it extends like a radio antenna. The one I got has side shield so that you won't be fighting the magnet sticking to other things. Worked great when I did the same thing...

Here's a link to the one I got...

click here

Good Luck!

I dropped a shim down the camchain tower and it was a pain in the @$$ to get out. I drained all the fluids, took off the left case cover, went in with a magnet pen, and i couldn't find it. I had my friend go in with a borescope (is that what it's called?) and it turned out that it was stuck to the back of the fly wheel underneath the chain, like a magnet i guess. After we found it it just took a while to get behind the flywheel and break it loose, didn't have a flywheel puller ?

No need to take it to the dealer, though, just go thru it theroughly and you'll find it ?

....went in with a magnet pen.... it turned out that it was stuck to the back of the fly wheel underneath the chain, like a magnet

I can imagine some drawbacks to magenetizing engine parts by poking around with a magnet. Wouldn't magnetized engine parts then compete with a magnetized drainplug in catching and holding onto metal shavings?

I've been using duct tape to pick up my shims, perhaps a little anal.....

.....sorry just stirring up trouble......