Sign in to follow this  

Anyone wear glasses with goggles?

I have some prescription sunglasses that are very nice and I was wondering if there are gogglles that I can wear over them? I need glasses to be able to see well enough to ride.

What about prescription goggles? Are there any available that are good quality ?

my friend has prescription goggles he loves them he cant ride without them..i believe his are Scott goggles

Yeah bud, I wear frameless glasses (very fragile expensive things!) and use Scott OTG frames - and no problems so far.

To be honest I find it better to wear old glasses in case of damage, but the OTG's suit all types of glasses!

tried Contacts?

i wear glasses i just got scott but like the foam spacer stuff is wider i dont know they work really well no probelm

I wear glasses under my goggles, it works ok, but leaves your glasses all smudged up it the goggles push them closer to your face. I hate wearing glasses, just waiting for the day when laser surgury is covered by my insurance.

Those OTG goggles look like the way to go. I don't want to mess with contacts or laser surgery.

I can see pretty well without glasses so in a pinch I could ride without them but it's certainly not what I prefer. Some people are nearly blind without glasses but my vision is not that bad. (for example my wife is 20-100) I think I'm around 20-40 which is just bad enough to need glasses for my driver's license.

I have the scott otg goggles..works ok..the only problem i have is in dusty conditions...both the goggles and glasses get dusty. 🙂

My nephew wears glasses, he is too young (12) for contacts so I bought him a pair of the Oakley L Frame goggles to wear over his glasses. He loves them and his glasses no longer pinch. I tried them out over my sunglasses to see how they fit......no complaints.

I wear contacts and after a day of riding I want to tear my eyes out, prescription googles may be the way to go as long as they do not scratch easily.......anybody know?

🙂

Been wearing goggles over glasses for well over 25 years. Scott is the best you will find.

I wear these. They flat out kick ass and they are a pressure fit inside the goggle so they are easy to remove and clean. $99 for the prescription lens.

http://www.888rxgoggles.com/

For goggles, I use the Scott No Sweat series. 🙂

Ive looked everywhere for prescription goggle lenses but i cant find anyone who makes them. I use Progrip goggles and my glasses fit in them quite nicely.

I had to finally break down and get glasses a few months ago. Looked at Scott, Smith and Oakley. Bought the Oakley because they have recesses in the face foam for the temples of your glasses to fit into so the goggles don't create any pressure on the temple pieces.

I wear my glasses under Scott Model 87's (same as 89X but bigger for OTG). If you have large frames you may run into problems, thats the reason my dad won't wear his, they snag on the glasses and bug him too much.

I wear glasses under my goggles. Does anyone else have a problem with their glasses fogging up inside their goggles when they stop moving? Its a real nuisance when the group stops to check the map and I have to take off my goggles, then rush and put my glasses in my goggles and put them on when its time to go, it slows everyone down. If I don't take them off then they fog and it takes way longer. I can't wear contacts anymore because they irritate my eyes, and I'm blind without glasses.

Does anyone have any ideas?