Sign in to follow this  

Handlebars...

Does the crossbar actually serve a purpose on handlebars... I got the stock renthals on the 2005 250F and wanted to put a new pad on it that eliminates the crossbar.. Any reason not to do it.?

The cross bar is to make the bars stronger, but since the fat bars are thicker they dont need to have the crossbar to be as strong or stronger than regular bars

If you are talking about taking off your crossbar on regular bars and putting on a fatbar pad i wouldnt do it because

1. I dont thinki that would even work

2. It will make the bars alot weaker

Just get regular fat bars if you dont want a crossbar. I run the Tag T-2s and love em, id recomend those

I run fatbars... Magura SX bars... Got a great deal off of ebay,Came with everything you need to install for about $60 i think???.... But there is the NEW longhorn bars that are very cheap & from what I've seen of them very good... You couldn't go passed renthal fatbars.... That name speaks for itself... The tags are good BUT i've seen alot of them bend... Which was the reason I didn't buy them... Your call... 🙂

Theyre cool, I ran them for a while with no probs. Personly I think protapers are the hotness but any 1 1/8 but is good.

Ive had no problems with them.

Pro Tapers bend to far back for me. T-2's have more of a neutral feel

I just want to warn you against removing the crossbar on the Renthals. I don't think you were going to but DO NOT DO IT! I will explain why...

When bars with cross bars are assembled they are pre-loaded (bent back a bit) and then the cross bar is clamped into place. It is a structural, load bearing part of the bars. It actually is a huge component in their's strength and rigidity. You should never ever remove or tamper with the cross-bar bolts. They have been torqued and loc-tited at the factory. If somthing happens with them...replace the whole bar.

Just forwarning everyone.

I just want to warn you against removing the crossbar on the Renthals. I don't think you were going to but DO NOT DO IT! I will explain why...

When bars with cross bars are assembled they are pre-loaded (bent back a bit) and then the cross bar is clamped into place. It is a structural, load bearing part of the bars. It actually is a huge component in their's strength and rigidity. You should never ever remove or tamper with the cross-bar bolts. They have been torqued and loc-tited at the factory. If somthing happens with them...replace the whole bar.

Just forwarning everyone.

oops good thing new bars are commin in tomorrow