Sign in to follow this  

Help ----------------please Help

Is the yzf 450 too much bike for a new rider. I've rode Banshees all my life in the sand. I'm looking at a 2003 yz450 for 2800 with brand new rebuilt motor for a dealer.

Please help,

thanks 🙂🙂:D:D:D:D:D:worthy::D😉:D😉:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

dirtbikes and 4wheelers are 2 completely different things in my opinion, I can handle a raptor easy but if that motor was in a dirtbike I'd probably hurt myself.....alot....more often 🙂 but maybe you could test ride the yzf first to see if you like it then decide whether or not to buy it...good luck

I went from a TRX450R to a CRF450R, but I am not exactly a new rider. I rode bikes for about 10 years, took 4 years off, then rode quads for 2 years, now I am on a bike again.

I was new last year to dirt after being on the road and went with a YZ250F and that is plenty of bike! The 450 is just NUTS in my opinion, but would be fun as heck to ride.

I would go with the 250f. They have plenty of power to do anything with. And they also are lighter, and have better handling. If you get used to it, and need more there's a 290 kit. I doubt it wouldn't be enough coming off a quad though.

Quads are for those with no sense of balance. So get a 250F and learn what you gotta learn about gravity and technique, first. The 450 isn't going to be as easy to learn on.

Quads are for those with no sense of balance. So get a 250F and learn what you gotta learn about gravity and technique, first. The 450 isn't going to be as easy to learn on.

Gotta agree. 2 VERY different animals.

Don't start on something that'll wheely a loopout in 2nd gear, Bro. 🙂

Get yerself a 250f or a 125 2-smoke.

From a trail riding perspective:

I started out on a 98 YZF400 for my first bike and have no regrets. It was a bitch at first in the tight and technical trails, but you get used to it real quick. They dont like to go slow, so you gotta go fast, which made for a quick learning curve. No lolly-gagging on it. It was like a sink or swim kinda thing. The only two-wheel experience I had prior was a cruiser street bike, bmx bikes, and mountain bikes. BUT the 450 has way more kick than the 400 so, I dunno.