Sign in to follow this  

pismo for the 4th of July

I got to go to Pismo for the 4th of July. It was incredible. I was worried about how I would do. I've only had my bike for about a year. I put on a gpr stabilizer recently and put on a paddle for the trip. It felt great. Thanks to everyone on tt for the riding tips. I know it made a difference. I was riding with a bunch of quads, some yamaha 450s and a 250r three wheeler. None of them could keep up... which means they ate a lot of my 50ft roost. It was a blast. My question is how detailed should I get cleaning my bike. I don't mind tearing it down, I haven't done any maintenance besides changing the oil before the trip.

Pismo is fun...but the clean up is such a pain in the a$$. You'll be surprised at all the places that freaking sand gets into.

yup, get everywhere I have found it under the valve cover.

I would say do aleast air filter, oil and filter, good chain cleaning. The more you do the better

I got to go to Pismo for the 4th of July. It was incredible. I was worried about how I would do. I've only had my bike for about a year. I put on a gpr stabilizer recently and put on a paddle for the trip. It felt great. Thanks to everyone on tt for the riding tips. I know it made a difference. I was riding with a bunch of quads, some yamaha 450s and a 250r three wheeler. None of them could keep up... which means they ate a lot of my 50ft roost. It was a blast. My question is how detailed should I get cleaning my bike. I don't mind tearing it down, I haven't done any maintenance besides changing the oil before the trip.

What part are you located? I live like 40 mins from Pismo, but I don't really go because of the sand issue.

Glad you liked it. I washed and washed my bike after my last trip. The sand gets everywhere. 🙂

What part are you located? I live like 40 mins from Pismo, but I don't really go because of the sand issue.

Glad you liked it. I washed and washed my bike after my last trip. The sand gets everywhere. 🙂

you live that close and dont like it. What a pitty. I have to drive 3 hours to get there and I love it. We should trade places 🙂

you live that close and dont like it. What a pitty. I have to drive 3 hours to get there and I love it. We should trade places :D

I'm in Lompoc it's about 35-40 min or so...

I'll go, but Id rather hit the track or even drive 3 hours to hit some trails.🙂

We should all get together and meet at Pismo?? I'd go to meet some fellow TT'ers. Normally, unless its a major holiday I won't go. But the big weekends I can't pass up. 🙂

I'm in Lompoc it's about 35-40 min or so...

I'll go, but Id rather hit the track or even drive 3 hours to hit some trails.🙂

We should all get together and meet at Pismo?? I'd go to meet some fellow TT'ers. Normally, unless its a major holiday I won't go. But the big weekends I can't pass up. 🙂

That's what we need a big TT PIsmo weekend. I'll be there 22-24 of July. :D

The Dune Race is in October again.

Who's coming? 2 weeks

Crap, I can't go until the 30th.🙂 I'm kind of incarcerated at the moment. :D

The next major holiday is Labor Day, right? I'll be there for the one.🙂

I would check out the steering, linkage, carb, air box/boot/filter, valve cover...pretty much everywhere. Give your bike a very thourough inspection, one grain of sand through the intake and you can kiss your cylinder wall goodbye.

Hell yeah... I'd love to go back to pismo. This may be be a dumb question but how do you clean the linkage?

thanks

Who's coming? 2 weeks

I'll be there that weekend. my friend made the reservations so I got no idea what part. I'm the only one on a bike. All my other friends are renting quads. I'll be on an XR400 w/ a black tank.

I'll be there that weekend. my friend made the reservations so I got no idea what part. I'm the only one on a bike. All my other friends are renting quads. I'll be on an XR400 w/ a black tank.

Right on, I'll keep an eye out for the XR. I will give you one guess what bike I'm on. lol ---In fact I will PM you the evite, we have a few people going

ps that is a great avitar

I wish I could go:(

I'll def. make the next trip.🙂 I like the night life as much as riding. 🙂

I wish I could go:(

I'll def. make the next trip.:D I like the night life as much as riding. 🙂

my favorite part is late night perimiter/ fence runs. I just finished the rail upgrades for this one, ran a test trip in Holliester to make sure it wont break right away. :D

If you change your mind you know where we will be 🙂

Hey, we want some ride reports guys! Especially if you have pictures. How was it?

my favorite part is late night perimiter/ fence runs. I just finished the rail upgrades for this one, ran a test trip in Holliester to make sure it wont break right away. :D

If you change your mind you know where we will be 🙂

This one is out of my hands. But trust me, I'll make the next one.🙂

Right on, I'll keep an eye out for the XR. I will give you one guess what bike I'm on. lol ---In fact I will PM you the evite, we have a few people going

ps that is a great avitar

Got the invitation. Looks like you guys are gonna have a great group. I'll try to stop by and at least say hi 🙂