Sign in to follow this  

A coupl eof questions on the X

Has anyone turned the rear taillight into a brake light and is it bright enough? I've done a search but didn't come up with much. And do you know if you have to rewind the stator to run turnsignals and brake lights? My brother got a 05 450X and he's dual sporting it and supermoto rims are on the way.

You don't need to rewind the stator use a Trick Dual Sport Kit. Super easy to install and works great. I'm anxious to see if anyone comes up with an answer on the brakelight question sure would be clean. If you look at most dual sport kits the lights are not D.O.T. approved so I wouldn't let that stop you. Acerbis and Baja Designs boths sell L.E.D. taillight assemblies, check them out.

You can't redo the stock tail light. It's all one circuit board. I was gonna try to make 1/2 of them do the brake lite thing, but I would have had to completely redo the board. Not worth it. and, as stated above, not DOT approved

The Trick Dual Sports kit is THE way to go. Bolts on (first time) in about 30 minutes, removes in about 10.

Dale @ TDS is great.

He can customize the wire harness too. (I find this out AFTER the fact...) For example, if you want to have a front brake lever switch (motard master cylinder) he'll add in the needed wires. Just let him know.

I took out the LED circuit board from an Acerbis dual light kit , trimmed it a little and angled it in the original Honda tail light lens then siliconed it back into the lens and it works and looks great. It is still bright enough to be seen and works and looks like Honda stock.

why not just add a resistor and pressure switch ? I found several people using 1 watt 270 ohm resistors to dim the light for tailight and then jump in with 12v past the resistor not dot approved but in CO we don't have any kind of serious inspections

Bryce

Do a search in the 250 x forum and you will find your answers. In brief I and otheres have done it. Put in a pressure switch on the rear master cylinder. and use a resistor in the line as suggested and when you hit the brake bypass the resistor and it gets the full 12 volts to brighten it. works a treat.

The Ozzie model 450X will come with blinkers and all when it's released here in a week or so. 🙂 Has to, to pass rego laws.

hope this helps

Do a search in the 250 x forum and you will find your answers. In brief I and otheres have done it. Put in a pressure switch on the rear master cylinder. and use a resistor in the line as suggested and when you hit the brake bypass the resistor and it gets the full 12 volts to brighten it. works a treat.

The Ozzie model 450X will come with blinkers and all when it's released here in a week or so. 🙂 Has to, to pass rego laws.

hope this helps

If you can, post some picks of how Honda put turn signals on when that bike is available. I'd be really interested in seeing how they did it.

I don't like those type of blinkers, to easy to break off. And the rear fender on that bike is bugly. The hand guards and electronic odometer are nice. The spares kit is an great idea and should come with the US bikes too.

I really like the website. Why don't they ever have anthing that cool for US? Afraid of the PC police I guess. Maybe I should move down under.

Those blinkers and rear fender are a must have - One does not put blinkers on a bike for himself, but for the officer that wants a reason to ruin your day. In Al. they even check for a metal tank so anything one can do to fly under the radar is a huge benefit. Does any know how I can get my hands on those aussie parts.