Sign in to follow this  

Ok this may seem like a beat to death topic and for that im really sorry but i really need some professional help !! I have a YFZ450 quad, and i have a WR Piston,WR Crank, And YZ Timing on the cams, i have the stock carb it is a FCR 39mm with TPS and a YZ dirtbike needle, NCVQ needle. Im running a WB Alumapro pipe and i need help jetting this thing ? what is the real way to jet ? every motor builder, pipe builder i have talked to said that reading the plug is USELESS but they havent offered me any insight on how to properly know i have the right jet? how does everyone else jet thier motors? any help is appreciated !!

I'm old school,

I bought my last bike a yz250 and it blew up the 2nd real time I took it out. I didn't know it had 285 #'s of compression and needed race fuel.:D Now I didn't learn that it had that much until I rebuilt it and did a compression check. :D Don't know why it had that much, it had no rev ability at all. 🙂

Anyway I had to have some head work done to bring it back down to the 160's area (stock). Long story short, I had to TOTALLY re jet this bike. And I did it via plug chops

I rode the piss outa that bike and NEVER blew it up or fouled a plug.... I'd say the plug chop method works just fine.....:D Oh, and going back to 160's made that bike fly like a 2 stoke again. 🙂