Sign in to follow this  

Anyone going to seriously consider a KX450F?

I might take a look next year but not this one- even if the reviews are good. The bike does look good on paper but 1st editions are bound to have bugs, especially the green ones.

yip, yellow and than orange, then blue or green, haha. although i have been seriously toying with getting a ktm 450 and putting the 576 kit that was reviewed in dirt rider this last month. that looks like a seriously fun motor, drop the current bike to supermotard chores...

I would also get a RMZ before a KXF. I was just wondering if anyone on a CRF was thinking of making a switch.

If I consider anything else, my wife says that you can consider me as good as dead.

I know there are die-hard Kawi guys out there that will hate my guts for saying this, but I wouldn't buy a Kawi anything. In my opinion, they've always been time bombs after a short period. I know several friends who've bought Kawasakis and they're great bikes when new. But after a few months they have a for sale sign on them and the owners don't buy green the next time. A buddy of mine bought a KX125 a few years ago, and it spent more time at the wrong end of a tow rope than it ever spent on the track.

What are you talking about Fred? Did you change careers? I thought you were a machinist?

I had a '97 KX250. It was a great bike. Good bottom end power, handled decent, but I wouldn't buy another Kawasaki.

I've owned kawasakis,yamahas, and hondas.I would not have a problem with buying another kawi.I had o problems with my 1999 kx250.A friend of mine owns my 99 kx and its still going strong.

This question wins the 2005 TT CRF450 Award for being the most stupid question ever asked on this particular CRF board.......................... 🙂

Most of you "unbiased/non opinionated" CRF owners would rather trade your wives or girlfriends or in some cases your boyfriends before trading out to a brand new 06 Kawi 450......or for that matter any other color 06 450..........too funny! 🙂

I'm not baised in the least. This is my first Honda in 20 years. I've owned several Yamahas and found them to be great bikes. My local Honda dealer also sells Yamahas and I have agood relationship with them. My local Kawi/Suzuki dealer is not nearly as nice or as well stocked or as knowledgeable and their service department is a pig stye, so I doubt I'd buy anything from them. Add that to the fact that I don't see many of my friends have good luck with green bikes, and I see no reason to buy one.

If I consider anything else, my wife says that you can consider me as good as dead.

Q4T (quoted for truth). I would be sleeping with it if I did.... :-)

I've had plenty of kawasaki two strokes and think they are really good bikes. I wouldn't get their 4 stroke especially the 06. I've had my fair share of problems with big ends blowing and pistons exploding. Thats all quite cheap to fix but I would hate to think what it would cost if the con rod or piston detonated on a thumper.

Red, then yellow over green? Doesn't green mean go?

funny my wife says the same thing about bikes and toolboxes

Bryce

yip, yellow and than orange, then blue or green, haha. although i have been seriously toying with getting a ktm 450 and putting the 576 kit that was reviewed in dirt rider this last month. that looks like a seriously fun motor, drop the current bike to supermotard chores...

its actually the 525 with that big bore kit in it. 🙂

I saw the new KXF450 at Laguna Seca today for the Moto GP Practice. I wasnt to impressed with it. It was just a rough looking bike. The fit and finish of it was terrible. I also wasnt to impressed with the new YZF450 and 250 Aluminm frame. It looked like the big bulky frame honda started with

if you give me one ill take it hehehe.

I have had every brand jap bike and for the most part i like them all, over the other options out there, this is even more true on street bikes for me. i have had several kaws and i liked them all. but that 06 450 is to new for me i cant afford a new bike, thats why im selling my yz for a 03 cfr450 here pretty soon. i ride what i can afford.

on a side note though i would never buy a first year bike. maybe second year or 3rd.

1. very few aftermarket parts for upgrades

2. those aftermarket parts that are availible are re*******diculously over priced because theve got you by the balls due to they are the only game in town.

3. the first year always has buggs that need worked out, by the second year most have been addressed

4. lets say your out at the trails and you break a part odds of nearest dealership having that part not good they havent built up stock for the bike due to they dont know what common problems it has yet. and yes all bike have some little quirk common to it even the sacred honda, and yes i still intend to buy one anyway hehe.