Sign in to follow this  

XR100 carb kit

After many failed attempts of trying to get the ATC200x carb to work for me, I have decided to try a different carb. I was looking at the kitaco 26mm carb but the price seems a little high for me. Which years of CR80 and YZ80 carb can work with an XR100 with a 120 kit, hot cam, ported head and FMF pipe? Are they 26mm or 28mm

Thanks,

Chad

It's not a matter of which carbs will work, it's a matter of can you jet it?? I still don't understand how you can't get the 200x carb to work. First, is it the '84-'85 carb?????

if so, did you put a 128-130 main in it? I'm running one in my '04 120cc with stock airbox and pipe and it works 98%. I haven't even attempted to fine tune it, because it runs so good. I have the worse ear for jetting and even I can run one. Are you running a CR80 throttle???? If you are, that's your problem. That throttle sucks for a stock airbox setup.

Yes it is off of an '84 ATC200x. I have a 130 main in it. I have removed the airbox and installed a UNIpod filter. I have been using a CR80 throttle so that I can use the CR80 fronk brake system, (the xr100 throttle hits the perch)

That's just weird. pilot clogged???? I'm sure you checked it 10 times, but I had to ask. Maybe the carb's just junk??? I have a new one, if you came over we could throw it on and try it, But I think you live in Norther Cal? I heard the Mikuni VM26 is a great carb. I want to try one. I heard it out performs the 200x!!!!! I just happen to get the 200x carbs for fairly cheap. So it's hard hard for me to shell out twice as much for the Mikuni. Eventually, I'll get one to test it.

pretty sure the pilot isnt clogged since its brand new an ive checked it 10 times. I thought the carb was junk so I bought a new one off ebay and it did the exact same thing. I am going to get a 128 main today because it helped when I moved the needle clip to the top. There is a pre 1990 CR80 Kehin 26mm carb on ebay right now. He says its brand new and has never been ran on a engine, might want to check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64657&item=7167105954&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Missed by 2 minutes. What years did the CR80 come with a 26????

Why dont you give us more detail and at what throttle positioning exactly are these problems occuring at. A small miss in jetting can cause many headaches on a small engine like these.

150stocker. ive tried many differnt carbs for my 120, one of the best was a carb from a late 70 cr125, 28mm, but if you have the money get the carb kit from engines only(xr100.com). it came with kn air filter, new cable,and intake manifold, it is a flatside race carb pumped up by sudco. it gave a very very noticable power gain throughout the powerband. comes ready right out of the box, no need for tunning, my bike sreams with it. just my thought

Also what kind of riding do you do 150stocker? That will determine a carb setup. Small bore for motocross and larger for flattrack and SM. Sometimes a larger carb wont carburete properly due to lowered intake pulses because of the massive carb diameter. This can cause major low speed problems. Maybe a longer duration cam or something could help.

I like to ride mostly motocross, but more of an open motocross track with large sweeper turns that you keep the bike tapped out around. I am going to keep messing with the ATC200x carb to try and get it to work.