Sign in to follow this  

handling

how does the handleing of the 04 yz250f compare with that of the other 04's?

Im a 165 pound rider, 5'10, will i have any problems?

upper triple clamps and new pro taper bars can fix any problem with that bike.

upper triple clamps and new pro taper bars can fix any problem with that bike.

How does upper clamp and handlebars fix the handling?

You know what. I have heard about this top-heavy trait people place on the yzf's and I have come to love my bike for that feeling. I personally like the feel of the "top-heaviness" especially ever since I installed my Fastway F3 footpegs in the lowboy position. I have ridden a 2003 Honda CRF450, a 2000 Suzuki RM250, a 1998 Honda CR125, a 1999 Kawasaki KX250, and a couple others I cant remember at the moment but I will say that yamaha has a thing going for them with the "top-heavy" feel. The other bikes especially the CRF450 have a lower center of gravity feel to them and personally I dont know how people like it. Well I guess if I had to have a reason it would be that your stronger leg muscles are your thighs and upper legs not your calves and lower leg area and when you take into consideration what muscles are "flicking" the bike around it is your thighs and butt muscles doing the work(such as doing a whip). And having the weight up higher gives you the control. Ok...so thats my long winded argument on why I feel this way.🙂

Does anyone feel the same way about the top-heavy feel?

Does anyone feel the same way about the top-heavy feel?

Most feel that the higher center of gravity has negative effect on the bikes ability to turn. The higher the COG, the harder it is to lay the bike on its side for turns.

yzf is top heavy and slow in cornering (not me that says this but all the mags, and reviews) compared to the honda and other four banger 250's.

change the geometry of the bike's steering and improve it in tight mx style and single track.

http://www.protaper.com/eastonbars.html

http://www.protaper.com/p3uppertripleclamp.html

bud, changing just the upper clamp, might get rid of a couple ounces, but doubtful since the stock YZ-F clamp is light. you need to change the bottom one to if you want to change the offset (im assuming thats what you wanted to change in the clamps to affect handling). i always thought a four banger was a four cylinder, not a 4 stroke