Baseline jetting for WR250f w/ mods

I posted in jetting too but didn't get any responses so I thought I'd try here too.

Anyways, it's an '03 WR with the gray wire mod, air snorkel removed, side of air box cut out, jd jet kit, #50 leak jet and it'll be getting a FMF powercore 4 pipe next week or so. Was wonder what would be a good baseline to start for jetting. I'm in Durham NC (so less than 1000'), 85-90 degree temps.

well i don't have an FMF Powercore, but my settings on the 04' with free mods including the airbox/snorkel, yzf exhaust, and newly installed JD kit are: #40 leak, 185 main, blue needle in 5th position. prior to JD kit I was 5th position on stock needle with stock 170? main. I'm less than 1000ft with 80-100° and humid. Also running a Zip-Ty fuel screw--highly recommend--with the varied weather from day to day, I tend to adjust it slightly every ride.

Let us know what you find out

I ride my 03 WR at a similar elevation and temperature (with high humidity pant, pant), and I found the JD-recommended 185 main a bit rich. I'm running all the same mods, but have a stock YZF pipe. I run a 180 main in the summer and a 182 in the winter. Running a jd kit at blue 4 with a 40 leak jet and a 42 pilot jet. Some folks say the red needle is better for summer, but I've not messed with it too much. I'm also running a YZF cam which I highly recommend.

Thanks for the input everyone. I forgot that I have the ZipTy fuel adjust too. I'll start with the blue needle too and look into a 182 mj. I haven't checked the pj and am not sure what's even in there. I'll have to look into that one too. Thanks again this will get me started.