Sign in to follow this  

ATC200x Carb problemss

I am trying to work out a problem my bike is having. I run a 120 bore kit with cam and exhaust. My carb is off an ATC200x with a 130 main, 40 pilot and second from top, 1 1/2 turns out. I just took it for a spin and it will run great for the first 10 - 15 minutes and then will start sputtering and backfiring like crazy. There is a dead spot about mid-top that oly happens when i am going downhill and slightly open the throttle. My first thought was an air leak, so I put new orings in it, nothing changed. I put my stock carb back on and it ran perfect, just with about 1HP less. 🙂 So I found another one on ebay that was in great shape and put it on my bike, SAME PROBLEM 🙂 At this point I was down about 100 dollars and didnt have any progress. This is where I am standing as of now and was wondering if anybody had some suggestions on what I should do or what I should get.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad, do you live down here in Socal, if so bring it over and we'll get it dialed.

What does your plug look like? I had the same problem and I believe it was loading up. I am running a 112 main and 35 pilot. Seemed to clear up the problem.

Yup. I went from a 110 to 130 to a 122 to a 112. The 110 woul pop on the top end so I went with the recommended 130. It would run for 5-10 minutes and then just blubber on the low end like it was a loaded up 2 stroke. I backed down to a 122 and still had the same problem. I now have a 112 and a 115. (yet to try the 115) No problems running now and the pug looks much better. I am not sure if there are different model 200x carbs or not. I ave also read on this forum that the stock xr100 needle can be used however my needle is a lot longer than the stock xr100. That is what is leading me to believe there are different model 200x carbs. (and maybe different jetting requirements.)

thanks, that is exactally what happens with my 130 main. I have a 115 so i will put that in today. Thanks!

Put the 115 jet on it. ran decent, fixed the whole runs nice for 10 mins then runs like crap thing. But I am running a 40 pilot so I will try the 35. What needle position are you using?

I am still playing with the needle, but right now I have the clip second from the bottom with the 35 pilot.