Sign in to follow this  

I broke my arm last night...

i over jumped a 110ft tabletop by 15ft. flat landed and felt my left arm snap. i just kinda coasted into a fence and fell over lol. this is my third broken arm in two years.

i over jumped a 110ft tabletop by 15ft. flat landed and felt my left arm snap. i just kinda coasted into a fence and fell over lol. this is my third broken arm in two years.

Hope the paycheck you get from doing these things makes it all worthwhile...

Hope the paycheck you get from doing these things makes it all worthwhile...

Nice one. 🙂

MILK, drink more milk.

That sucks.🙂

actually i have had a few medical professionals tell me that milk does nothing for us after the first 5 years or so of life. after that it's a waste of time.

actually i have had a few medical professionals tell me that milk does nothing for us after the first 5 years or so of life. after that it's a waste of time.

Really? I'VE had doctors tell me your bone growth density (?) doesn't stop growing until you're 30. Something about preventing ostoprorosis...

Anyway, whatever. Calcium is important regardless. If you're not getting enough it's going to come from somewhere.

This guys sounds about in the 19 to 22 year range when you still think you can heal up from everything and you don't have any responsiblities.

How did you overjump it? Did you just screw up or hit it a gear high or what? I'm just wondering how you overjumped it by so much. I've overjumped a 70foot triple and that hurt, I can't imagine flat landing that big of a jump

yeah i just turned 18 in may and i ride 125/250 B. the thing is i had jumped it a good 20 times before. i was just trying to carry more speed and i soaked it up but it wasnt enough lol. when you jumped the jump it threw you up instead of out. so i just hit it with to much speed. i acctually bent my bars down when i landed. so far i havent seen any cracks in the frame so im good 🙂

The best way to gain bone density is through exercise. A tough workout creates 'microcracks' in your bones that stimulate bone growth.

3 broken arms in 2 years...man your doing something seriously wrong...

yup yup

I hope it heals soon.

So did your forks bottom and shock your arm hard enough to break it?

Would those handlebars with the shock/spring setup have helped you think? I cant remember the name of them, but they are pretty expensive like $300-400. Does anyone know the name of them?

Would a steering damper have helped at all? I would guess no as it only helps absorb lateral shocks not vertical from landing hard from what I understand anyway.

The best way to gain bone density is through exercise. A tough workout creates 'microcracks' in your bones that stimulate bone growth.

Huh...Say what... When you work out you create microtears in the muscle not the bones. Osteoclasts and Osteoblasts are responsible for rebuilding bone and believe me you do not create mircocracks when you work out..

3 broken arms in 2 years...man your doing something seriously wrong...

Just extremely unlucky 🙂

Huh...Say what... When you work out you create microtears in the muscle not the bones. Osteoclasts and Osteoblasts are responsible for rebuilding bone and believe me you do not create mircocracks when you work out..

Haha, microcracks. How is that possible, I can see what you mean with your muscle because it is actually movable and not hard and stiff. 🙂

Are your bikes for sale now because of that? I was just wondering because of your sig.

no my sig is old school. if you want to buy my 250f, i am selling. but ony because when i get my cast off i will get new bikes. and whoever said that i am "doing something seriously wrong" you are seriousy wrong. my first break was august 1st of 03, i caught my footpeg on the face of a jump while scrubbing speed on a downhill, and i wadded up hard. the second was october of 04, a kid came over into my line in the first corner on a start. and then my third was last night. luck has nothing to do with anything. my dad says everytime that i move to a new level in my racing that i crash hard. And i have been prepairing for the move up to the A class