Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Cable

I noticed my throttle cable the one that connects on the bottom on the carb is coming apart how do I know which one to order to replace it or are they the same?

Ah ok I wasn't sure if they were or not. I called my dealer and they quoted me $40 I'm going to call TT and see what they are there but how much should I expect to pay?

I've been nursing a throttle cable for several thousand miles, I noticed the return cable was starting to fray, someday I 'll have to do something about it only 2 stands have broken thus far.

But if that the cable you have issue with , it can be removed supposdly, I havent tested the performance myself as of yet.

I just said this the other day to skyd. Go out and take a pair of dykes and cut the return cable off completely. Then take and plug the hole in the rubber shield on the bar end with silicon to keep crap from getting in there.

Problem solved and for less then the cost of a cable. FWIW it seems like the return is the one that always screws up.

i just checked mine yesterday. Both were frayed. I eliminated the return cable, but can i buy just the "main" cable? Or is it just sets? If so, can you just have a cable made to the right length?

You'll have to buy the whole shibang, But since both where frayed, was it a good idea to cut?

How does the throttle feel same any difference?

some say harder, some say the same, what you say?

My throttle return cable was missing when I bought my used '02 DRZ400E. I found this out when I went to rejet the carb. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the bike.

You can either pay through the nose for oem set or buy the pieces you need to add to your current fittings to make your own cable, notice CABLE, not cables. No reason for the push cable that I can see.