Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using the new Dunlop 952?

Got a set fom my dealer cheaper than a 756 set. Waiting for the front to come in then I'll put them on as a set. Supposed to last long too.

Im just as curious as you. My 756's wear out so quickly. Next time around im definately going to go for the 952's.

Yes, the rear-end 952 will outlast the 752 on a CRF450 for sure.

i love the 952, i've been running them on my race bike for a few months now. they outlast a 756, and work well in pretty much every condition i've ridden so far this year. i give this tire 🙂🙂

Yes, the rear-end 952 will outlast the 752 on a CRF450 for sure.

Anything will outlast the old 752, those knobs fell off in chunks.

i love the 952, i've been running them on my race bike for a few months now. they outlast a 756, and work well in pretty much every condition i've ridden so far this year. i give this tire 🙂🙂

Good to hear. For the price I'm getting them for I couldn't resist. They are $10 cheaper than the 756 too.

No doubt, I hit one of my riding buddies in the face with a knob from my last D752 I had on my CRF450. Pretty funny actually. I had the D952 on the bike the very next outing.

There is a bit of a write up on them in the Septmeber issue of Motocross Action , page 110. Pretty much echoes these post sentiments - long lasting, handles most terrain but more intermediate, cheap tire with pricey tire qualities.

I have the the rear dunlop D952 with a D756 front. The rear is holding up amazily. I rode about 3 or 4 times on it and it still looks new. The tire hooks up awesome in a wide variety of terrains too. I would highly suggest it to anyone.

update, I have about 7 rides on my new 952 rear... ive ridden in mud, loam, sandy stuff, and very hard pack and its hooked up awesome in everything and the tire still looks like its brand new. I would recommend it for sure.

They're one of the best new tires out! They out last a 756 probably by 5 times. I am sponsered by a local shop and get them for free. I was going through the 756's 1 every couple of rides. They are great!

the 952's work well everywhere, i have had the same rear 952 on my race bike for well over a month, maybe 2 months now, racing every weekend and practicing about twice a week and the edges are still fairly square, they are starting to chunk off a little finally but it is still hooking up :D

I had one on for a 90 mile ride and got a flat so I had to ride on the road for 8 miles.

When I got back I changed the tube and went for another 40 miles the week after but the sidewall weakened form riding it with the flat. Some of the knobs looked like they were starting to tear also.

I have a 130mile ride this Sunday so I decided to try a different tire that one of my friends has been using, the Michelin MS3. His seems to wear like iron and the rocks don't affect it either.