Sign in to follow this  

Any Utah guys up for a ride on 7-15,16,or 17?

I'd like to get back out to hobble creek, diamond fork, af canyon, or somewhere else in the mountains if anyone wants to go next weekend. Anyone up for it? 🙂🙂

Saturday the 16th may work for me... David & I were thinking hobble creek for the next ride. One of my buddies just rode AF canyon and there's still some snow at the top... and there's alot of trail "over-growth" that hasn't been cleared yet (think chainsaw). We probably should wait another couple weeks to do this one.

I'm on-call that weekend and probably won't be able to make it 🙂

Hopefully, I'll be able to hook up with you guys on one of the many other rides this summer.

Same here, as you can see joosca has me trapped in these tri-oval things taht I can't get out of, so I'll be with him.

Man, I'd like to but I've already got other plans with my family... 🙂

Chris - FYI...we rode the loop up AF canyon last Friday. Nobody has cleared the trail yet. I think it took about 4 hours, bulldogging the bikes down one section impassible from an avalanche & lifting bikes over several downed trees. Just stay off the 038 trail. PM me & I can tell you how to get on the lower trail where we jumped on last Fall. (the river is still to high to cross). After we dropped down the switchbacks (past the point of no return) we ran into this, 300 yards across the trail & impossible to cross;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/switchbak/7_08_05-avalanche.jpg

I'm in for Saturday. Sounds like David is too... three of us so far. It's heating up pretty good in the afternoon. How does an 8:30am start sound? At Kirkman Hollow (springville canyon)?

By the way David... that last ride really beat me up. Bruised left side mid-section from falling into the creek. Still hurts a little, but not really bad any more. Fortunately the bike's O.K. :applause:

How does an 8:30am start sound? At Kirkman Hollow (springville canyon)?

Is that the one right at the hobble creek entrance?

By the way David... that last ride really beat me up. Bruised left side mid-section from falling into the creek. Still hurts a little, but not really bad any more. Fortunately the bike's O.K. :applause:

Glad you are feeling better. We won't let anyone fend for themselves this trip.

How about a carpool?

8:30 sounds good to me! Woohoo!! :applause:

Thanks for the info on af canyon. Maybe I'll avoid that place until I can go with someone who knows which trails are ok.

David -- a carpool would be great. Want to meet at my house around 7:15am? Takes about an hour to get to the Hobble Creek trails.

Sorry guys, but it looks like I'm out. I'm going to have to work on saturday. I am so bummed, but maybe next week will work out.

Roll call???

David (IN), Eric (IN)... Chris (OUT)...

Anybody else lurking out there up for some great single track fun?

Hey guys. A buddy and I are planning a ride saturday morning early and might be coerced into tagging along with y'all. Where's Hobble Creek? We're both in Davis County (Layton) but we're not beyond driving a ways for a good ride. We've been to 5 miles 5 times since the first of the year.

What do you guys ride? I'm on a CRF250X and my buddy is on a CR250. We're mostly single track riders, the harder the better.

Crashbahl... if you love single track, you'll really like this ride. The trail starts in Springville canyon goes over the mountain and down into Diamond Fork canyon. There are some tougher sections like Sawmill (maybe should have been named "Chainsaw" -- you get my drift) and some fast easy sections with a few dirt road connections. We're going to try around 60-70 miles... I usually pack in a gatoraid bottle of extra gas just in case. I ride a KTM 200exc and David rides a Yamaha WR450.

If you'd like to join us, instead of complicated instructions... let's meet at McDonalds (easy to find -- and a sausage mcmuffin breakfast is pretty good). Get off I-15 at the 2nd Springville exit. Turn left off the exit. Go down the road a little ways... and it should be off on the left side. If I'm totally wrong... meet us at the first gas station off this exit. It's about 30 minutes up the canyon to the trailhead, so meet there at 8:00am.

If you're coming post a reply so we can wait and watch for you. My cell number is 836 *5246. That way if we get crossed up, we can find each other.

You're gonna enjoy this ride. One of my favorites in Northern Utah.

- Eric

Saturday the 16th may work for me... David & I were thinking hobble creek for the next ride. One of my buddies just rode AF canyon and there's still some snow at the top... and there's alot of trail "over-growth" that hasn't been cleared yet (think chainsaw). We probably should wait another couple weeks to do this one.

I rode some of Hobble on Wednesday. Kirkman Hollow over and down through Sawmill Hollow is open and clear.

Unfortunately I didn't get to ride up Chase Creek and over onto the Center Line trail due to darkness. I don't think there is any snow there. But you never know if the trail crew has gotten all the trees out of there... maybe bring a bowsaw in case