Sign in to follow this  

Washer mod. Question

Can the washer mod for the fork be applied to a TTR 125L 2001.

No you cant, Only on bike with out emulaters, I cant do them to my CR80 forks and but they are upsode down forks, But the forks on my yzf600r are regular forks and i cant do it. Cause its got emulaters in it.

Yeah you can, however not gunna argue. I have done it to all three of my street bikes, VFR x 2 and CBR. They all have suspension mods including emulators.

This may sound stupider, but what the he#l is the washer mod? 🙂

Yah, i dont know what an emulator is either.....The washer mod is where you take a stack of washers, in my case 3/4 inch, and place them on top of the fork springs to make the suspension stiffer; it works great!

Yeah I did the washer mod, one of the easiest things ever to do 🙂 I just got my bike about a month ago so I'm still new at trying to tinker on it, but I'm gonna do the jetting tomorrow ('05 CRF230). We'll see how that goes. I haven't been able to see how the bike rides since I've done the washer mod, mainly because my friends haven't wanted to go riding which sucks for me, I haven't ridden in three weeks! GRRRRRRR 🙂!!!! Hopefully I'll get to ride soon, my only problem is I don't have a truck so I can't haul my bike so I have to rely on other people aka my friends ugh it sucks, hopefully I'll get a truck soon! Good luck to anyone who does the washer mod, I think it will help a lot just from what people have said. Sorry I went on a tangent :D

-Mary

Here is the long story www.fjmods.btinternet.co.uk/emulators.htm. basically an emulator (with some mods to the internals of your damper style fork) turns a damper style fork into a cartridge style fork. Gives way more adjustment. Not really practical on the CRF 230's, however for street bikes and racers with damper forks, it makes a huge difference. The washer stack is basically the same as putting in a heavier (or longer) spring, just cheaper.

Sorry nw56.

Glad you like your emulators, I love mine in the street bikes too. Just my opinion that they would not make much difference in the CRF. (Shoulda said that it was my opinion). That is why everyone is different and different products are out there. There are a lot of people who disagree with me hot rodding my old VFR also, but it doesn't stop me cuz I like it. (And it keeps up and beats a lot of the newer bikes on the twisties). Just like the CRF 230, it is the rider in most situations.

I say do whatever makes you happy and enjoy.

The 3/4" PVC doesn't fit 🙂 . It's off by about 2mm :applause::eek: .

The 3/4" PVC doesn't fit 🙂 . It's off by about 2mm :applause::eek: .

The 3/4" PVC doesn't fit. . It's off by about 2mm

TTRer:

You don't have to use PVC, the kits that I have gotten with my emulators come with an aluminum sleeve that gets cut to size. Anything that will not flake or bend will work. I have heard of people using conduit tubing. Just put a washer on either end of whatever tubing you use. If you wanted to you could even use a stack of washers (kind of a lot of unecessary extra bits though).

So I went out and got 1/2" PVC piping. That worked and I completed the mod. today. I took out the old spacer and replaced it w/ 3/4" longer PVC. It fit great! So far I like the effects but I haven't taken any big jumps yet?

Thanks all you Honda guys!!

Yeah I did the washer mod, one of the easiest things ever to do 🙂 I just got my bike about a month ago so I'm still new at trying to tinker on it, but I'm gonna do the jetting tomorrow ('05 CRF230). We'll see how that goes. I haven't been able to see how the bike rides since I've done the washer mod, mainly because my friends haven't wanted to go riding which sucks for me, I haven't ridden in three weeks! GRRRRRRR :eek:!!!! Hopefully I'll get to ride soon, my only problem is I don't have a truck so I can't haul my bike so I have to rely on other people aka my friends ugh it sucks, hopefully I'll get a truck soon! Good luck to anyone who does the washer mod, I think it will help a lot just from what people have said. Sorry I went on a tangent 😛

-Mary

Same here. Haven't gone riding in 3 MONTHS!!!!! Driving me crazy! But, I just got a truck (Jeep Comanche), and I get my license next week... So I'll be free! :applause: