The 05 CRF250

Well, as some know from the previous post, im looking into the purchase of a CRF250 for my next race bike. I just happen to test my friend's, brand-spanking new 05 CRF250. I love it. The front is planted and not sklittish like my 450. the rear hooks up really well and you can really lean it over. the bike has to be revved more then my 450, but I like to rev the crap out of my bikes anyway(2-stroke mentality i guess). The bike sounds so sweet. Power came on smooth and revved out with a heathly dose of overrev. What i thought was interesting was how much it sorta 2-stroke it sounded. It's very small bore XR'ish, then when you rev it, it sounds like a opened big bore. What i really liked is how much it inspires confidence and the feeling of being able to hit and clear stuff. My friend(other friend), has a home track with a 100 foot table and even though i undershot the landing, it didn't hurt or slam like I thought it would. Just thought I express my angst(spelling?) to own this bike.

One question though. Other then the chain and sprocket combo and the JD jetting kit, is there anything else that would be a blessing to have? Asking now because I would like to just make 1 order for everything.

If you like the revs, get a CHM SM1 or Jemco exhaust system. Both are reasonably priced and will give you upper mid and top end runout like no other.... ?

It looks like you own that CHM SM1. Sure you arent an employee? lol. I'll probably go with the SM1. thanks for the help. Also, think the stock stuff will be able to handle a 175lbs rider?

I rode a Jemco equipped CRF250, it was good ? The CHM looks better though and sounds a little better IMO.

At 175lbs you should be good to go on the stock springs, just check those sag settings!!! I am 200 and am using the stiffer 450 springs (.47 front and 5.5 rear).

Run a CHM Exhaust i have it on my bike 1st and 2nd rev quick and 3rd pulls for days. I got sponsored by them and they are the best pipe i have run on that bike. Also the best priced IMO. Also slap on a quickshot on there to prevent the bottom end bog. The suspension will be great for you since im only 165 it was a little stiff for me but i had moto-pro do the suspsension and it is perfect now. ??:D:D

I absolutely love my '05 CRF 250. Had a CRF 450 and was nice but a lot of bike for the mx tracks. The lighter weight and cornering ability is priceless compared to the 450. Head mods and cam testing is the thing now. Able to bring the horsepower from 33 stock up to 38-39 on the dyno and also finding large increases in torque. Always exciting to pull a 450 on a straight or uphill when you are on the smaller bike...

Oh rap I'm so dissapointed ? That you thought that CHM was better than a jemco. LOL ?

I have a Jemco on my 05 250f and love it. Just wished it made a tad more down low. But I will say mid & top end make the standard system feel as though some one has plugged it up :applause:

I rode a Jemco equipped CRF250, it was good :eek: The CHM looks better though and sounds a little better IMO.

At 175lbs you should be good to go on the stock springs, just check those sag settings!!! I am 200 and am using the stiffer 450 springs (.47 front and 5.5 rear).