Sign in to follow this  

flat tire:<:<:<

i have had 3 flats in the last week. could this have something to do with a gold tire, or wore out? i had a flat 2 days ina row 🙂

Or... there's something still in the tire.

Probably

my neighbor popped his tire and he "accidentally" spun out with it so he completely ruined the tube.

Now he's awating a new tube for his dad to go get. 🙂

check the inside of the tire to see if there is a thorn or something stuck in it. if your tire is worn down enough, some thorns can be hidden inside the tread and when you put weight on it they can come down and pop the tube

Somethign could be still in the tire. Also, if you have the L model or LE, then the tire pressure should be at 15psi 🙂 Both front and rear.

look for something on your trails maybe. do you change your own tires. not very fun is it :D . my first one took 2 days 🙂 no joke. i just did 3 the other day in less than an hour 🙂

its all in the technique..lol

Ya really watch where your ridding.People like to spike them. I just got a flat a few days ago b/c somoene spiked a double at the local trails. Also what everyone else said is possible 🙂

there could be something still in the tire.

i know someone makes a tire for on quads, it has like 5 rubber boloons in it so if one of the rubber boloons pops the other 4 just flatten out some more and you can continue riding.

if ur tire is really worn it will just keep poping tubes i had the same problem on my ttr90

Somethign could be still in the tire. Also, if you have the L model or LE, then the tire pressure should be at 15psi 🙂 Both front and rear.
i run 12-13 in the front and 10-12 in the back close to what it says on the swingarm and there dosnt seem to be any problems except with the old tire...man that maxxis rear tire looks a lot taller???

i run 12-13 in the front and 10-12 in the back close to what it says on the swingarm and there dosnt seem to be any problems except with the old tire...man that maxxis rear tire looks a lot taller???

It says in the manual to put 15psi in wach tire. Where do you see the Maxxis tire? I have brand new Michelin tires sitting in my room that I plan on putting on my bike when I sell it soon. I wish I could get to see how good they work because they look good. They are about a 1/2-5/8 inch higher than my stock tire(its worn down pretty good, about 3/8-1/2in. tread left).

i found it at dennis kirk for like $30 its works really good but it looks a lot taller than the one that i had on it...might just be that the other one was about bald???