Sign in to follow this  

Engine noise

My new 230 makes a slight ticking noise in the engine. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I haven't owned a 4 stroke since I was a kid so I'm clueless. It's not very loud at all.

Thanks

no, its not normal; even of it is a small noise. my 230 doesnt make any ticking sound whatsoever 🙂

go get your 230 checked out by the dealer, or check it yourself. what have you done to it that may be the cause?

btw- make sure its not a pebble sized rock thats on the engine somehow making the noise :D

good luck 🙂

I noticed it after doing the power up mods. If it was doing it before then I didn't notice it.

:sigh: Yes, it is normal.... Sometimes you may hear it sometimes not...... BUT yes, it is normal...... Just get out there and RIDE!!! 🙂

I noticed it after doing the power up mods. If it was doing it before then I didn't notice it.

I am positive it is normal.... 100%, since i hear the same ticking on my bike.... of course, its not a 230 but i've read posts similiar to this one over and over and over again with it ending up normal.....

BTW, is your bike performing fine....? tanned plug and all?

Yeah i had a slight ticking noise ... hahha the spring on the auto timing chain adjuster broke and the timing chain came off and i bent a valve. I would get it checked out! i didnt and thats what happened..

It's most likely normal, But if in dought run it by a shop and have a mech. listen to it....... 🙂

You will have a slight ticking sound from the valve lash..and a few other things going round & around and up and down.... 🙂

well it depends, if ur bike is off and ur rolling it along, then yes its fine its just ur tranny or whatever, pretty much all bikes i've heard do that, but if its making a noise while the engines running and ur moving then it might be a problem, then u should get it checked out.

I just dropped it off at the shop to be safe, but it sounds like many off you are hearing the same thing so I won't worry too much.

I just dropped it off at the shop to be safe, but it sounds like many off you are hearing the same thing so I won't worry too much.

You shouldn't worry at all. Unless the sound is something different than what most of us hear, it is normal, so don't let a greedy mechanic try to squeeze repairs out of you. :applause:

no, its not normal; even of it is a small noise. my 230 doesnt make any ticking sound whatsoever :eek:

go get your 230 checked out by the dealer, or check it yourself. what have you done to it that may be the cause?

btw- make sure its not a pebble sized rock thats on the engine somehow making the noise 😛

good luck 🙂

your a dipshit its proably the engine cooling itself, havent you ever noticed when you get out of a hot car it ticks its the metals expanding :applause:

Hondas have a loud valve train in them, its a normal noise as long as there is no difference in operation

the ticking is the valve tappets hittting the valve stems its perfectly normal it is something you should hear you will also hear it more if you have an oversize header

your a dipshit its proably the engine cooling itself, havent you ever noticed when you get out of a hot car it ticks its the metals expanding :eek:

Couldn't have said it better myself. :applause: