Sign in to follow this  

How close will an E exhaust fit an S?

I have read the archives and looked at the parts drawings on ronayers.com.

I have heard several say to order the larger E header from there to improve the power from the stock exhaust system. OK

But, as I look through the list of parts there are MANY things that are different including the clamps and what they call the Connector, Muf...

So, if I want to increase the power of my S how much of this stuff do I have to get and what fits to what? In other words, will the E header fit the socket where the the original S header slips into the muffler section or are they different diameters? Do I need the different clamps and other parts from the E as well?

There are two models of FMF Q pipe for the E or S. If I have the E header and chose to change out the muffler section later, which FMF slip on would fit best, E or S model?

I can make brackets and other attachments where needed, but I don't want to fabricate a mid-pipe or transition from scratch. It just looks to me like it is not as simple as ordering an E header.

I am glad you posted this. I have been thinking of getting a full E exhaust since the aftermarket ones are said to be loud and expensive. I am sure I can make something to use as a bracket for the different pipe.

I have a 2002 S and I bought an E pipe (stock) and it bolted right on. The only part that will not fit is the right side footpeg. but I put it on with the 2 bolts and it works fine. The bad news is I did not notice any real power change. It is a bit louder but nothing to really brag about in the way of power change. I also cut the 3X3 airbox mod and put in the jet kit in the carb. I also have one end cap with the baffle cut out and it does not change the power but makes it sounds a bit better but also a bit louder. Paul

I have taken off the rear footpegs anyway. I made a bracket to hold the mid-section of my stock S pipe. Thanks for the feedback on the E pipe.

Well, I pretty much concluded that it was a whole E exhaust or nothing. It was not going to be as easy as just adding an E headpipe as some had suggested. Then I saw a Yosh Titanium pipe on ebay and I won it for $340. So, I will probably end up using that pipe with the quiet insert and I will save quite a bit of weight to boot. 🙂

I will make whatever brackets or changes are necessary to fit the Yosh pipe.