Sign in to follow this  

Tooele... What tire to use?

Right now I have a Dunlop 756 on my CRF450r but the tire isn't giving me the traction I feel it should. Sometimes the track gets way slippery when they water it. What tire would you guys recommend for the Tooele track? 🙂

I would use an intermediate because tooele is mostly intermediate dirt but there is some sand. And an intermediate tire will do good at almost every track that i have been to in utah!

When it's slippery (on the real hard pack) it's anybodys guess. The Maxxis IT works well on the big track. I now run Dunlop 756s on the rear all the time on both bikes.

I got several new 110/90-19 Maxxis ITs if you want to buy one. I'll sell ya one for only the rockymountainatv.com price - no tax, shipping, etc., but you gotta come get it.

The IT is a long wearing tire, but I like the 756s & 756RRs as well.

Picking a tire for Tooele? when its dry use one designed for hardpack, when they water it use a MUD tire and when they disc it you'll need a tire designed for sand.

What I'm trying to say is use one that will do well in all conditions, the dunlop 756's work well in my experience

buggsz24 my problem is that the track is never one way. If that makes sence. Some parts are always hard pack and some are always sandy, and when they water it down it adds mud to the combination of terrain. The wierd thing is the mud is never deep it is just a layer over really hard ground so I dont think mud tires would suit it all that well. I guess the 756 is the best all around tire I can get and thats what Im looking for is an all around tire. It also might be the power of the 450 that im not used to completely.

Technically Sako I took the the picture so I have the rights to the picture 🙂 When you beat me in the tooele race I will change it 🙂

buggsz24 my problem is that the track is never one way.

Yeah that was my point, the track changes about every two hours, from a dry powdery mess, to a layer of slime over a dry powdery mess then to a deep mushy dry powdery mess.

When you beat me in the tooele race...

Do you guys do the arenacross on Friday nights?

I haven't been to any arena cross's but I plan to when they start back up

Hey, you took the picture, but it was my camera!!

Yeah, we'll do that arenacross race, they look really fun, do you do them 125shifter?

Sako you and I will go and race an AX together so I can show you just how fast my ktm is over your hopped up rm 🙂

Joosca, you mean how slow it is compared to my hopped up RM?

Oh yeah, I have a DUNLOP 756 on my bike and I'm fine at DP except in that far corner by the rhythms when it gets wet.

do you do them 125shifter?

Until late in the season last year I had never raced before, but I did like 3 or 4 of the last ones. I just got home (a month ago) from working out of town for several months and I have been recovering from an injury so I have not done any of them this year. I've only done the sportsman class though. They're a lot of fun - I've met some good people out there.

Maybe when they start up again, I'll do some more.

The track looked awesome I hope its as nice when they rebuild it. 🙂

I can't Joosca is my ride there, and as you can see in his avatar he has me stuck!! Plus, we're poor, we need to save up for Tooele USRA and Tooele AX and OCA.