Sign in to follow this  

moose riding pants opinions and questions

What are your opinions on Moose Riding pants. I am looking at the XCR or the Sahara pants.

I wear a knee brace, so I need the room and comfort. XCR seems to fit that bill.

Also, waist line. I am a 36-37 waist line. How do these fit and is there flexibility. If I buy a 36 in waist, will it stretch or do I need to size up.

MIR

XCR is a bit better pant, having the room you will need for knee braces. Moose pants are about the roomiest on the planet and have the those larger sizes. I use the Sahara gear and I found them to fit true to size, unlike Thor stuff that seems to run on the small size.

XCR Jerseys & Pants

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2005/default.asp?p=26&s=3

Sahara Jerseys & Pants

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2005/default.asp?p=30&s=4

I have the new XCR gear and really like it. The fit is maybe a tad loose, but i'd still order your normal size.

I have the Sahara pants and while they are great for hot weather the knee area wears way too fast from my knee braces. If they had leather knees they would be perfect!

KC

I've been wearing '03 Moose Sahara clothes for about a year now, and like them very much. I would buy another set if I needed them.

I wear the Asterisk braces and there is room in there. The mesh areas really help with ventilation, but they do rip from snagging stiff branches. I fell into a manzanita bush once and it kind of shredded a section of the pants (my leg too), but my wife was able to sew it back together just fine.

The '03 gear had Velcro straps to adjust the waist size +/- 1 inch, so there is room for adjustment if you're ridin' on a full belly. 🙂

Sahara's are good for a loose pant with room for braces. Light and breezy. They rip pretty good... but don't fall (or get them too close to the header). 🙂

The sahara pants are the best for how weather.

How weather is the worst man!

Sorry couldn't resist. I'm a wise guy. 🙂