Sign in to follow this  

110 or 120 rear tire

Its time for a new tire on my kicker. It has the stock dunlop 110/100-18 on the back now. It seemed to wear really fast. I have decided to replace the dunlop with the maxxis IT. I was wonder if I should go with the 110/100 or the 120/100? I live in So Cal and the dessert has more sandy washes this year then i have seen in a long time, from all i th rain. I was thinking the 120 would help me a bit when riding in the sand but are there any significant disadvantages (too heavy? rubbingg? etc?)

Howdy and welcome...I'd go wider yet if it were my bike. 130mm or 140mm will fit with no problem. I think some guys are running the Terraflex that is 150mm wide. I use Pirelli MT 21's with the rear being 130mm wide. Good luck 🙂

120/100 = 140/80 roughly give or take according to mfgs. Good size to run. 🙂

I use a michilen 130/80 mm it is the same a 110/100 on my kicker m12 great wear

Its time for a new tire on my kicker. It has the stock dunlop 110/100-18 on the back now. It seemed to wear really fast. I have decided to replace the dunlop with the maxxis IT. I was wonder if I should go with the 110/100 or the 120/100? I live in So Cal and the dessert has more sandy washes this year then i have seen in a long time, from all i th rain. I was thinking the 120 would help me a bit when riding in the sand but are there any significant disadvantages (too heavy? rubbingg? etc?)

you have a 01 with original tires??? 🙂

you have a 01 with original tires??? 🙂

I'm pretty curious about the answer to this, too. I'm guessing he just replaced his tires with the same ones that came stock, and now wants to try something new.

Right??!!

By the way, I'm running the 130/80 Michelin S12 on the rear and love it. It was a huge improvement from the different DOT stuff I tried. I spend a fair amount of time in Ocotillo and this tire seems to be at home there (as well as Gorman, Big Bear, etc! ).

Especially since the 756 is not known for their longevity. Actually they last a while but lose their traction early.