Sign in to follow this  

06 250R or 450R?

Hello,

I am a beginner to Motocross. I'm just about to start racing soon. I'm getting myself an 06 Honda MX bike, but I'm not sure whether to get a 250R or a 450R?. The bike I've been using was my Dad's 30 year old Suzuki 175cc two-stroke!. I got hooked when I first rode it, so I which should I get?. Remember I've never raced before and I'm pretty much a newbie. 250R a better option?.

Thanks

Well A 450 Is A Mans Bike

Love Mine

Never Short On Power But I Do Weight 210

If its a mans bike, why are you on it? 🙂

I'd recommend the 250R for pure mx unless you're extremely heavy.

me too!

I would definately reccomend the 250... its going to be tons faster than the bike your currently riding....

go with a 250x, they are milder than an R, but they still have quite a bit of power

Why would he get an X ?

He's planning on racing motocross. That would be very foolish.

One other thing to keep in mind is TLC. The CRFs need lots of it. A 2-stroke is not as demanding. I spend 2-3 hours every Saturday changing oil, cleaning air filers and checking valves and torque settings on 04 CRF450. Great bike, don't get me wrong, but it requires more maintenance then most 2-strokes. Something to consider. :applause:

04 CRF450 (me)

03 CRF150 (wife)

05 CRF50 (kids)

One other thing to keep in mind is TLC. The CRFs need lots of it. A 2-stroke is not as demanding. I spend 2-3 hours every Saturday changing oil, cleaning air filers and checking valves and torque settings on 04 CRF450. Great bike, don't get me wrong, but it requires more maintenance then most 2-strokes. Something to consider. :applause:

Here is the best answer, HANDS DOWN!

If you are mechanically inclined and you don't mind maintenance, go with the 450 4-stroke. The maintenance isn't difficult, but time consuming.

If you aren't that mechanically inclinded, go with the 250 2-stroke.