Now what could this be?

yamayuck is copyin hondas frame in a way :D

wannabe ?

Wow, what a freaking idiot.

Ok if anybody copied it, it was Suzuki copying Honda, those at least look a like. You have to realize that the Yamaha and Honda frames look nothing alike, unless your just counting that they are both aluminum. But then thats like saying, O YOUR BIKE HAS PLASTIC RADIATOR SHROUDS, THATS COPYING KAWASAKI. Durrrrr. ?

And all the Honda riders are just haters cause now they aren't the only bikes with aluminum frames. Its ok, we could still whip up on a Honda with a steel frame if we had to.

I want one thats for shure, but I don't know if Im getting an 06 or waiting till 07 to get the YZ 450. Probally 07.

Some answers to general questions.

Q - Where is this bike?

A - At the MotoGP Yamaha Tent, this weekend, at Laguna Seca Raceway, Monterey, California.

Q - Is this the first U.S. appearance of the new 06 YZ's?

A - Nope, the dealer show at Las Vegas was. However, this was the first open-to-the public U.S. showing.

Q- How does it feel?

A- Very spacious and a lot lighter than the claimed 222lbs. More like 215 or 210.

Q- Did you start it?

A - The CDI module was removed, or it would have been mine.

Q - What's it look like?

A - Everything looks scaled down. Just about all of the components are smaller, thinner, lighter. The cylinder looks like a 250, and the head was no larger than the size of a grapefruit. Everything on this bike is different.

Q- How did the suspension feel?

A - Like every other bike when you bounce up and down on it.

Q - Will it be a green sticker bike?

A - Nope, and I was told that Yamaha does not care to make a green sticker YZ. However, the WR's will be green sticker bikes.

Q- How does this bike compare to the Honda CR450F?

A - I have no idea, but it certainly looks like something that the magazines are going to lose their juice over.

Q - Who invented aluminum?

A - No one at Yamaha or Honda, or Suzuki or Kawasaki.

i own a cr 125 and a crf450R... it's a nice bike, when i sold my street bike and was looking to buy a thumper i was going to get a used yammy 450 but after i saw the bike i decided not to. Not saying all but majority of the yamaha owners do not take care of their bikes. In the past i've seen numerous yamaha's while in the market for a 125. needless to say 9 out of 10 of them were not in good shape. Yamaha bikes give out a certain "aura" kinda like "balls to the walls, all nutts no brain" type of look. There are a lot of older people and people with a brain that ride yamaha but it seems when you're on a yammy and you're out riding, the yamaha people expect you to go all balls to the wall. Thats the main reason i didnt purchase the yamaha, plus their old frame sucked along with their plastics.

Either way the bike is nice, only time will tell if it's better than the 450r

Gotta go... I need to practice playing the yamaha piano ?