Sign in to follow this  

Just about ready to give up

The surging problem on my 05 SM has just about beaten me, The bike constantly feels like it is running out of gas. I have a White Bros pipe, 3x3, had a CDI box(removed already), tried adjusting the float, taping off the 3x3, unplugging the TPS, played with the mixture screw, put a washer under the needle jet, also tried a colder spark plug. My next step is a massive jetting change, gonna try the 150 main and 27 p. if that doesnt help, I pull the pipe off and go for warranty. Anyone have any thoughts or other recommendations.

Well, if you don't have the Dyno Jet needle, 150/27 is what you need. That is (should be) common knowledge around here. 🙂

🙂

Mike

okay I put in the 150 main, (couldnt get the pilot jet on saturday). works great now, I guess I misread the recommendations. I think I'll just go with the dj needle and reread the proper way to do this. thanks

okay I put in the 150 main, (couldnt get the pilot jet on saturday). works great now, I guess I misread the recommendations. I think I'll just go with the dj needle and reread the proper way to do this. thanks
Good Idea!