Sign in to follow this  

Motoland question part II

Track looks awesome! How much of it is sand? How would you compare it to Leisure Time?

Thanks! Debating on the 3 hour trip.

i'm not the biggest fan of sand too much but this track was nice, its loamy sand, its perfect for any rider. here's a look..

motoland006.jpg

motoland035.jpg

motoland034.jpg

motoland032.jpg

motoland010.jpg

motoland009.jpg

motoland008.jpg

motoland024.jpg

motoland027.jpg

It doesn't compare to leisure time at all that track is real loose sand and this place the sand is more consistant and tacky for better traction. I wouldn't make the trip this weekend unless you plan on racing, if not i would wait untill the following weekend.

Holy crap, that place looks like something out of Excite Bike 🙂🙂

MotoChik311,

The wife and I are thinking of taking a trip to Motoland either next Saturday or the following weekend. It is a 4 hour at least drive for me since I am about 45 minutes south of you in Bloomington. I'll let you know when we find out for sure if next Saturday is our day or not so maybe we can all hook up. Later.

Im thinking of heading up there, but I would also have my daughter with me. Is it a track that a beginner on a new bike and an old lady will be ok on?

They have a seperate beginner track that is used by mostly smaller bikes (80's and under) and some big bike beginners. Most of the 80's ride on the big track, but I never saw any smaller bikes out there during open riding.

The big track is long (4-5 minute lap times) and wide in most sections, so it's not too bad for beginners. But it is a fast track, and there are a lot of blind jumps/hills, so you'd have to be careful and aware out there as a beginner.

As for comparing the sand to Leisure Time, like already said, the sand at Motoland is a lot easier to ride. It's not near as deep or rutted as Leisure Time and is more of a packed sand. A beginner might find some of the hills right out of turns a little trickier than the sand.