Sign in to follow this  

Finally complete!! (Pics)

Hey guys, I'm dubbing my rebuild a success! Still have some break in to do, but at least I'm riding. First oil change was smooth...not too much crap came out. Mostly sludge in the screen from the PO never changing the oil. Valve clearences didn't appear to move so I think I'm good there for a little bit 🙂

Put in a new filter and new oil, topped off the coolant (took about half a dixie cup worth) cleaned the screen, checked the valve clearence re-adjusted the MCCT and went for a 12 mile ride. I'm gonna put somewhere around 40 miles on it, then change the oil and filter again, and also see what the screen looks like again.

Ok, some pics for your enjoyment :D

Just closed up the valve cover

78completemotor3dn.th.jpg

Got the tank on.....I'm in the homestretch!

78gastank5im.th.jpg

All buttoned up and lookin purdy!

78done0wc.th.jpg

Here's one of my ugly mug just before tonights little ride

newlyrebuiltbikejason2zm.th.jpg

And one more for ya......This is after I got back, my fiance' wanted some of me and my boy on the bike...here's one of them

jasonanthonydrz83xf.th.jpg

YEEEHA! 🙂:D:D

Again, thanks for everyone's help with the rebuild. I'm very happy with it so far.

~Jason

Congratulations! Well done 🙂 Actually, you're a fairly clean-cut, not really very bad looking young fellow :D :D :D Now have fun, ride safely, have fun, ride safely...I think you are really on the right track with the oil changes and attention to detail. Hell, you're an old pro now 🙂

Bout ready for a crf50 I see 🙂

Good to hear you are now officially on the road again... 🙂

Good to hear you are now officially on the road again... 🙂

At least somebody is :D

Now If I could just get in the same state as my parts for more then an hour or so,,,,,,,,,, I could get mine running.

Looking good Skydmark1 🙂 Break her in right,, and have fun :D

Congrats Skyd.... and thanks again for all the pics.... I am sure if you save em up you could put together a nice little .pdf file for anyone needing some help...

🙂

I know you took your time....Feels good when things work right? 🙂

Great pics! I have the same graphics on mine.(came on there) I have been waiting on the damn torrential rain down here to lighten up so I can finish tuning my carb, so I know how lonesome it has been with out your trusty steed.