Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sporting A RM250

Has anyone converted their two stroke mxer to a DS?

Not recently here in California.

Back in the day when 2 smokes had green stickers and dual registration was still legal you could plate a MX bike with lights and turn signals.

I helped a buddy dual sport his RMX 250.

All of this ended with the Red Sticker program here in CA back in 1998 or 1999.

I can get a kit no problem but first I need to get the title here in NJ. This might be the hardest part. I was just curious to see what other 2 strokers were using on their bikes. 🙂

My son's KDX is plated and used for some DS work, but --- I must ask why would you really want to DS an RM :applause: There are so many other bikes that are much better suited for the DS task than an RM250. My $0.02, keep the RM for the MX track and get a bike better suited for DS (XR, EXC, DRZ, etc.) --and-- a 4-stroke is so much more convenient for DS duties than a 2-stroke, again my opinion.

It really has to do with the fact that when I was a kid all I had were two strokes and I always thought it would be cool to rip around the local streets on my loud ass dirt bike :eek: After those crazy thoughts left my 37 year old mind I am totally in agreement with you and I'm going to try the CRF thing with the dual sport kit. :applause:

Wait a second! I forgot about Supermoto! I'm gonna think about it some more :applause:

Saw your post regarding dual sporting a Suzuki RM250. I have a 1997 Suzuki RMX250 (2-stroke) for sale with a New Jersey title. Bike has been ridden only300 miles. $1995.00 like new condition.Located in So. Jersey

I believe baja designs may have a dualsport kit for this bike.

If you know anyone looking for a two stroke enduro W/title, let then know.

Thanks,

Ed B

email: e.brechka@att.net

O ya !!!!!!!! I have my ktm 125sx plated nothing like ripping arround town on a 2 stroke . In the UK they have a lot of 2 storkes on the street.