Sign in to follow this  

KTM wheel selection

I've got a '05 KTM 525SMR and I'd like to have a second set of wheels. The KTM Hard Parts SM wheels require sprocket holder and 6 rubber dampers. While the stock wheels are undampened. Which are the right wheels to have for SuperMoto and track days? I could see having dampened wheel for the street or could be just extra weight on the track. Any help would be great.

You can run dampend or nondampend, but dampend is really the way to go on a anything bigger then a 450. It will save your trans and also help you from braking spokes. He at ThreeBrothersRacing we stock a full selection of SMR wheels and slicks for your SMR! 🙂 So if you need anything at all from wheels to bigbore stroker kits give us a call THREE BROTHERS RACING , KTM the super moto experts. And wait till you see our SMR with NOS , now thats the real deal! 🙂 that's fast.

While I had planned on a big bore stroker kit, I will have to consider getting a NOS kit for max power. 🙂 Thanks for your help, I think I'll go with the dampened rear wheel.