Sign in to follow this  

First race tomorrow!

Woohoo, yeah thats right, I said it. First race, the kid that was selling his bike because he didn't have a whole lot of support from his parents!

I am going to do a Jr. Enduro. This guy takes his kid to all of them, who I've ridden with tons of time, is taking me. I'm all packed/prepped and ready to go! I'll fill you in tomorrow night.

Any tips for one of these Enduro's?

NICE rock on! you will have a blast.

Cant say I have ever done and Endro, but I race harescrambles and maybe a moto or two.

From what i hear its all about pacing, not speed. If you go through a checkpoint too soon (too fast) or too late (too slow) you get points.. and i THINK the lowest points wins.

That is a great way to continue your story, as all of your other TTers said keep your bike things will work out.

Ride On!! :D:D:D:D🙂🙂

From experience, where riding/bicycle shorts under your riding pants, if not you wont be able to walk right for a couple days. Also see if somebody on your minutes has a computer, if they do stick with them. If you see people pulled over chillin from the monute ahead of you dont pass them, stay and wait till they leave because they most likely are good at keeping time. I blew my first check point by 4 minutes. Oops.

That's great, enduros are fun! It's all about time keeping but for your first race, I would just finish. Here's a link to some timekeeping articles. click on basic timekeeping and read through. You will get a general idea how an enduro works. timekeeping

Just go out there and enjoy the trail and the ride. Enduros are much more friendly than moto. And if you hear someone revving his bike or hollering behind you, pull off and let him by. Always let the faster guys by and likewise, if you get behind a slowpoke, rev it up right on his tail and he should pull over.

Make sure you have a drink system with lots of water and prep your bike well.

Just have fun and finish! 🙂