Sign in to follow this  

Idaho ORV Question

Does Idaho honor Wyoming ORV stickers?

Yep, as long as it's got an ORV sticker you can ride trails. If you want to ride roads, you'll need a plate most of the time. Often times on FS roads you can get away with riding them if you are on your way to a trailhead.

Actually, I'm not sure...when I go to Wyoming to snowmobile I have to buy a sticker and when my friends from

Wyoming come over to snowmobile, they have to buy Idaho stickers...the fees supposedly go to maintain the local trails. Maybe you just got lucky, but in Southeast Idaho it's $10 for a sticker but over a $100 for the citation...but maybe different for 4 wheelers and bikes...but the stickers are the same.

Well, cowboy was right, but if you operate the vehicle more that 30 days in Idaho (in a calender year) you must buy a sticker, other than that you're fine.

Snowmobiles are different, there is no reciprocity for snowmobiles between states so you have to buy a tag in each state you ride in.

For OHV's the State's still reciprocate the tags meaning they will honor the out of state tags.

There was a push this past year by the ITMA (Idaho Trail Machine Association) to pursue legislation in Idaho to do away with reciprocity but fortunately they decided not to pursue it. If the legislation had been pushed forward, everyone would need to buy a tag in Idaho to ride in Idaho. But then the other states would require the same of Idaho residents riding in surrounding states - just like the snowmobiles.

The reason why ITMA looked at pushing for tags on out of state riders was due to the increasing number of out of staters that show up and do not respect the trails in Idaho.

This is a problem everywhere and I urge everyone that rides wether at home or out of state to TAKE CARE OF THE TRAILS WE HAVE and protect our image.

Okay, off soapbox now.

Out of State tags will work in Ideehoe