Sign in to follow this  

Non-Riding Neighbors...

So I was riding by my house today and notice that I have yet another flat tire (had one just prior to this) and after I got my bike back I rode a MTB back there and walked the trail and i found 50 or more nails and thats just what I found so I cant imagine how many there are still there.....Anyways my question is has anyone else had to deal with this situation? What did you do? I would like to tell a state trooper that lives right across the rode but I wonder if it could be him 🙂

And if it isnt I dont think he can do anything about it...however I do suspect someone for doing this 🙂:D:D

Or stop anyoning them

Thats the thing I dont ride that trail often but lots of kids do... 🙂

i delt with this kind of shit for years when i was younger...i was surrounded by hundreds of square miles of woods, trails, and fields...the thing is..they were all owned by people who didnt like dirtbikes...i've come across everything from spikes/nails stuck in the ground to unmarked wires across trails...best thing to do is either make another trail around the old one or find another a completely new trail to get you to where you want to go 🙂

Remove your tubes and use those foam insert things. I think they're called a Moose. They take the place of the tubes and no flats anymore. Just an idea. 🙂

I think they are called bib moose inserts or something pretty pricey!!

pretty pricey!!

I didnt find moose ones but I found some michelin's for $155 per tire!!! 🙂

So Instead I think I will just get a good patch kit for my tube cause I already have a HD tube on it. So what patch kits (for tubes) are the best? My dad said he used to have some where you apply the patch and then light it on fire and it seals it and galvonizes it?? 🙂 Is there something like that still?

So I was riding by my house today and notice that I have yet another flat tire (had one just prior to this) and after I got my bike back I rode a MTB back there and walked the trail and i found 50 or more nails and thats just what I found so I cant imagine how many there are still there.....Anyways my question is has anyone else had to deal with this situation? What did you do? I would like to tell a state trooper that lives right across the rode but I wonder if it could be him 🙂

And if it isnt I dont think he can do anything about it...however I do suspect someone for doing this 🙂:D:D

Blow a hundred bucks and get a Game Cam. They are Infra-red-set-off, so only something hot-blooded will set it off. They can be had now for 100 bucks or so, and they ALL come with serious locks and waterproof cases.

Put it around a tree where it can see the trail, but the trail badguy cannot see it. Get him on film, make copies and send it to EVERYONE, the News, Beareau of Land Management, A.M.A., Fish and Game (and especially if it's The Trooper) internal affairs, and the Attorney General of Alaska.

Blow a hundred bucks and get a Game Cam. They are Infra-red-set-off, so only something hot-blooded will set it off. They can be had now for 100 bucks or so, and they ALL come with serious locks and waterproof cases.

Put it around a tree where it can see the trail, but the trail badguy cannot see it. Get him on film, make copies and send it to EVERYONE, the News, Beareau of Land Management, A.M.A., Fish and Game (and especially if it's The Trooper) internal affairs, and the Attorney General of Alaska.

Hmmm. Thats something I will have to look into. But the one problem is that since I found so many of them the "trail badguy" might not think he needs to put more out?

Ive been thinking and I wonder if telling the state troopers could do anything? One of my friends dad's is a trooper and he lives a couple houses away from the other trooper so mabye i should talk to him about it? Can he do anything?

if you keep riding around there without getting another flat, the trail bad guy will think he has to put more nails. so just plant a camera somewhere after you show him that there wasnt enough nails by continuing to ride 🙂

If the area is open riding and not posted " No Tresspassing", I'd tell your trooper friend. He might know of similar events going on around your area that you dont know of.

As for those foam tubes, yes they are pricey and yes they are made by Michelin. But you can get at least 1000 miles of hard off road riding out of each set and you can run over virtually anything and keep going. I have used them in Baja to prevent flats from cactus, nails, rocks and anything else you might hit on the trail or during the race. You can change them from tire to tire too. Steny 🙂

What part of Alaska are you in?

Im in wasilla but I ride all over...

The Game Cam is a good idea...but only if it is legal for you to be riding there. It wont do a bit of good if you are riding the trails illegally.

only if it is legal for you to be riding there.

I couldnt really complain about it if its illegal cause it would be my fault. 🙂

But in this case its a public trail just its on the side of a road that goes by a neighborhood 🙂