Sign in to follow this  

stock CRF 50 upgrades

What are the best motor upgrades for a stock 50, I want to keep it as a 50 so my daughter can race the 50 4 stroke class, would removing the air box and replacing with a foam clamp on help. and if so would itrequire a rejet. any help would be great

yes it would and yes it will. more airflow, more air:gas ratio. you'll need to go a bit richer

I recently joined the clan of 50 owners and am going to be keeping mine a 50 as well. I switched the stock airbox out in favor of a clamp on, advanced the timing, and slightly modified the exhaust. I rejetted mine to a #62 main, it made a noticeable difference. I tried playing with the mixture screw and the clip on the needle before spending the 5$ on a main, but I couldn't get it to run quite right. After putting in the new jet with needle clip at 3rd pos. and 1.5 turns out on mixture, she runs like a champ.

Put a UNI foam filter on it,advance the timing,mod the exhaust,and get the Powroll Titanium clutch weights.

Don't forget a high compression piston, custom ground camshaft and maybe some head porting. Can you change carbs? If so bump up to a 18 or 20mm unit.