Sign in to follow this  

Suspension

I do only trail riding and i was wondering if BBR's stiffer springs would be good for that or would they be too stiff. I weigh about 90 lbs.

Your rear shock will be fine for your weight. It is the front end of the 125 that really needs help. I have the BBR fork springs in my DRZ 125, and it is an amazing improvement. However, I weigh about 180. I think they will be too stiff for you. But, if you are bottoming out your forks regularly, you can always put in one BBR spring and then add the other later as you gain weight and/or speed. I have done this on my son's 110 and it works great. He only weighs 50lbs, but the he rides too fast for the stock fork springs.

i just got a kLx 125"L" , its a 2005, Do any of u guys know if the BBR springs for the forks are stronger than the stock springs in my "L" version of the bike ?

Yes. My bike is the "L" version, and I have the BBR springs. Like I said above, the improvement was tremendous. The suspension not only absorbed hits better, but the steering was also improved. I'm up around 175 or 180 though. What happens for you will depend on your weight, the normal terrain you encounter, and how fast you ride.

They are going to be stiff! be forwarned. I weigh 150, and i sold my bbrs. The 1 stiffer spring might be the ticket, though.................

Yes, the BBR springs are stiff, and you really notice it when you first put them in and take a lap around the yard. At first I thought they were going to be too stiff. Part of it is that they are "straight wound" (uniform spring rate), where as the stock springs are "progressive" (they get stiffer the more they compress). Thus, the BBR springs do tend to transmitt more of the little bumps through the bars, and your really notice it initially. However, once I got to my usual riding areas, I found that I could fly through areas that used to bottom the stock forks so hard I thought I would loose my teeth! I expected improvements in the bumps, but I was also really surprised at how much more precise the steering was on tight woods trails. I had put a good front tire on previously that helped the steering somewhat, but the springs made a huge improvement.