Sign in to follow this  

Sprocket sizes

I want my bike to have alittle better accelleration and top speed but i dont know if you can get that by chagning the sprockets. If you can tell me what would be the best thing to do with the sprocket sizes that would be nice.

By changing sprockets you can get better acceleration, or more top speed, but not both at the same time. A smaller front sprocket (or larger rear) will give greater acceleration with a top speed penalty. Vice versa for a larger front sprocket. Front sprockets are about $5.99 (aftermarket, not the dealer!) for that bike. Order up some and try 'em out. I would try a larger front sprocket first. I can't imagine going smaller on the front, as it is already geared so low that first gear is pretty useless.

I don't think it really matters for low output bikes. I have used "Primary Drive" chains and sprockets (you can order them from Rockymountainatv.com) on my bikes and have been very happy. There are at least as good as stock. Maybe a little less chain stretch. Great value.