Tire Suggestions?

I'm in need of new tires for my XR 250R and I was wondering what tires you all like on your bikes. I'm looking for tires that have good wear and excel in loose and rockey terrain, mostly trails and hill climbing.

I recently bought the bike and it had Pirelli Sandcross tires on it and they got chewed up when I went up the Tower Cities in PA. in the rocks and loose coal stuff.

I was looking at the Michelin Enduro Cometition III Rear Tire and was wondering if anyone has any expirience with it or what your preference is as far as a trail tire goes. Thanks

I ran an M12 on my XL 350 and it was a pretty good tire, and I really don't ride all that much mud, some every now and then but not all the time. I just want a tire with good wear with good traction in loose stuff that won't get chewed to bits in rockey terrain.

thanks for all the input, I think I'm going with maxxis because my local shop just got a whole bunch of them and I know the guy and he is selling them real cheap for me. He also said that he has got an enduro guy racing for him and has said those tires are holding up extremely well in rocks and just chuggin' right through the soft stuff.