Sign in to follow this  

Boots - What to choose from?

Hi!! I have been racing for 2 years now with Sidi Flexx Force boots and they are awsome in many ways but i wear them out for like 15-20 hours of MX riding and they aren't able to repair them so i have to bey new ones. And now i'm tired of that so i am looking att some new boots but don't know what to choose.

Alpinestars Tech 10's?

Alpinestars Tech 8's?

Alpinestars Tech 6's?

Fox Forma Pro?

Gaerne SG 10?

I want a set of boots that thosn't get weared out to quick and are comfortable to wear when im racing me 6 geared Rm 125.

i have tech 8s and have been happy with them. ive ridden a lot with them and the only problem is one buckle is really hard to adjust and one buckle loosens all the way when you unlatch it, but its not really a big deal.

im planning on tryin the SG10s next since ive heard so many good things about them.

Arent most parts on the flex force replaceable? Is yours a force ta or srs?

I need new boots also. I have really crappy ones, they were cheap, I got them when I first got my first bike, they're Fox, I forgot what they're called, but they're not the best, what's a good boot under $200? Or do they even exist?

if you want to be able to replace stuff get the tech 8s. you can replace basically everything: buckles, toe steel end thing, and sole.

the Sidi FlexxForce SRS have replaceable soles, shin guards (front & side), buckles and strapes... not sure how you can get better than that. Soles are only like $25, but I still haven't worn through mine yet ... 1 year.

I have Tech 8's and love them. The soles are really long lasting and the boots withstand any abuse. If I lost my boots today I would have a new pair of tech 8's tonight or tomorrow. I would like to try the tech 10's but I cant justify the extra money when I already love the tech 8's

I am sponsored by oxtar boots and can say that their TCX Pro is an awesome boot. It cleans up good and has good function. only catch to it is their 400$ but i get them for 129$

Mark

I've had the Sidi's, and currently wear Tech 8's. The Tech 8's are not proving durable for me. You have a good list there, but I think my next pair will be the new 661 Flight boots. They're new to boots, but I've had lots of 661 stuff and have never been dissappointed.

Hey, uhh, Mark? How about hooking us up? ;-)

Just kidding man.

I need boots that provide very good ankle support, I've hurt one of my ankles in wrestling back in November of 04 and the other ankle on my bike a month later and they still hurt, I can't run on uneven surfaces or grass, I don't feel it though when I ride, unless I come up short on a jump or something, I need boots that have really good ankle support, any suggestions?

I need new boots also. I have really crappy ones, they were cheap, I got them when I first got my first bike, they're Fox, I forgot what they're called, but they're not the best, what's a good boot under $200? Or do they even exist?

I think the best boot under 200$ is the Gaerne RX2. My brother bought a pair about a year ago, and they have been awesome. I would definately recommend them. They feel stiff at first, but break in nicely after a few rides.

See, the thing is, I need new elbow guards, knee pads, pants, jersey, everything, and my parents don't help me out :-(.

I'm going to ask my mom if she'll buy me the knee pads and elbow guards. 🙂

thanks fast 120 I'll look into that.

No problem, glad I could help