Sign in to follow this  

Stock Suspension

The suspension on my 05 CRF250R seems a little soft. I weigh 185lbs w/o gear although i plan to loose 10 pounds or more. I did the racetech spring calculator and it seems that the springs are the right springs for me according to them. I have not yet even touched the clickers, but plan to next ride. I was just wondering are the stock springsreally the right springs for a 170-185lb rider?

Your right on the edge.I would say try clickers first then if you still have a problem just get some used 450 springs from for sale section and should be good to go.I weigh 200 and the 450 springs are fine.Never got a re-valve stock is good with adjustments.

I weigh the same as you and was all ready for a revalve and springs but thought I would try some adjustments first so I called three of the "big name" sus. shops for some settings for stock suspension and all were pretty close to stock,nothing really that noticeable then I called Factory Connection.

Well, when I asked FC for some settings I almost thought the guy was surely on crack with the numbers he gave me.Anyway the next week I was at the track and kind of frustrated so I decided what the hell,and adjusted everything to what FC said.

One lap on the track and my jaw dropped! I could not believe the difference.It was like I was riding a whole different bike! All the small stuff was soaked right up, tables and doubles were are way more consistant, the forks don't blow right through the stroke,if the front wheel dosn't exactly clear the top of something no problem it soaks it right u, and landings are not as hard.I don't know why when it lands it feels better because these settings seem like they would be softer but there not. Im not saying it dosn't bottom off some big stuff but you can't expect the stock spring rates to be magical with how much we weigh.

I think that anyone in the same weight range with an 05R that rides moto should try these settings before forking out the $$. Im not saying this setup could not be better but it definitely is the best stock suspension I have ever rode.Good luck 🙂

FACTORY CONNECTION SETTINGS

05 CRF250R- FORKS Compression- 11 out

Rebound- 12 out

SHOCK Low speed compression- 11 out

High speed compression- 2.8 full turns out

Rebound- 10 out

Sag- 108mm

Goon... you're about my size and I've got a full-on RaceTech suspended bike. I went one "size" stiffer rear spring, stock fork springs and revalve/gold valves and my bike works awesome - and I mean awesome. 🙂🙂:D