Compression & Rebound Settings

Ok i have been reading about these and i am still comfused i know what theay do but what i am looking for is an explanition on whare theay are on the bike i have a 01 KLX300R i am in australia if that makes a differance in model types i dont know. for the rear there is a clicker on the top of the reservoir acording to the bike specks there is 20 way comp and 18 rebound so wich it the top one and whare is the other one ? Ok so im a compleat Nob when it comes to suspension can someone explane also about the air valve on the botom of thr reservior as well can that be adjusted as well and what is it for ? help

P.S. I found the front ones and there is only 20 way compression dampening on them so i can figure that out thanks.

DO NOT RELEASE THE NITROGEN GAS IN THE RESERVOIR!! It is around 150lbs pressure and is not part of the shock tuning.

The compression adjustment is on the top of the shock. The rebound adjustment is at the bottom of the shock near the linkage.

Ride on

Brewster

Ok I had a look but cant find the clicker on the bottem anywhare where exatly should I be looking Left side right side front,back ? All i can see is a larg rubber like stoper at the bottem sorry for the dumb ass questions. ?

Remove the rubber stopper with a small flat head screwdriver and you will find the compression dampening adjustment screw beneath.

Corey

^^^^That's for the forks^^^^^

Get on the left side of your bike, lay down and look the clevis at the bottom of the shock, about 1 1/2 inches above the bolt that connects the shock to the linkage. That's where the rebound adjuster is. If someone has messed around with the shock, they may have turned the bottom clevis around 180 degrees, making it hard to see the adjuster.

Ride on

Brewster

WOHOO found it little bugger was coverd in mud and greas blended in quite well thanks fellas.will go and do some riding and try and set it for whare i ride mostly bush tracks with the ocasional jump...lol

Picture002R.jpg